• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Painted a new Body on my Tekno to match my 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJH387

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
So I decided that I wanted to match my cars, so I painted my Tekno EB48SL to be the same as my TLR 22 4.0SR. Apparently that is what all the cool guys do at the track (jk). But I do think it is kinda neat to have a similar look between all of your race cars. So here it is. Keep in mind, I am not good at painting at all. But did my best. I tried liquid mask but still learning. Also, cutting the EB48.4 body is really tough, around the steering area. But I do like the look of it better than the OEM SL body.
20180605_193418 sm.jpg

So I decided that I wanted to match my cars, so I painted my Tekno EB48SL to be the same as my TLR 22 4.0SR. Apparently that is what all the cool guys do at the track (jk). But I do think it is kinda neat to have a similar look between all of your race cars. So here it is. Keep in mind, I am not good at painting at all. But did my best. I tried liquid mask but still learning. Also, cutting the EB48.4 body is really tough, around the steering area. But I do like the look of it better than the OEM SL body.
View attachment 674

Looks really nice. I like the color too!

Thank you! As does your truggy!

It isn't quite as bright as my other yellow cars (which are neon) but I just wanted to do something with these 2 buggies with Pittsburgh colors haha.

Side note: I know I have an AKA sticker and Duratrax tires lol. I was using only AKAs but my buddy had me try some Duretrax and HB tires that also seem to do ok at the track. So I guess that sticker should get removed now.

Thank you! As does your truggy!

It isn't quite as bright as my other yellow cars (which are neon) but I just wanted to do something with these 2 buggies with Pittsburgh colors haha.

Side note: I know I have an AKA sticker and Duratrax tires lol. I was using only AKAs but my buddy had me try some Duretrax and HB tires that also seem to do ok at the track. So I guess that sticker should get removed now.

Thank you. I have a couple stickers on mine that are not brands currently on the car, but in my pit bag and on backup if needed LOL! I think I have like 4 different brands of tires currently. My other body just shipped today, the new Leadfinger Strife for electric. I am still also holding on to the Jconcepts Finnisher Nitro body to be used sometimes LOL! I Have a nitro 8ight with a clear body waiting to be painted too. I just need to decide on a scheme I can easily do again and like. Especially since I am considering getting a ET410 for indoor racing when the temps get to hot to want to be outside LOL!

What color are those and paint brand? Currently I only have experience with Spaz Stix.

Thank you. I have a couple stickers on mine that are not brands currently on the car, but in my pit bag and on backup if needed LOL! I think I have like 4 different brands of tires currently. My other body just shipped today, the new Leadfinger Strife for electric. I am still also holding on to the Jconcepts Finnisher Nitro body to be used sometimes LOL! I Have a nitro 8ight with a clear body waiting to be painted too. I just need to decide on a scheme I can easily do again and like. Especially since I am considering getting a ET410 for indoor racing when the temps get to hot to want to be outside LOL!

What color are those and paint brand? Currently I only have experience with Spaz Stix.
I like the JC Finisher bodies a lot. The wings too. And ya, unless someone is paying us to use their tires, I guess just use what works, regardless of brand lol.

And these 2 cars are just Duratrax Paint. Black and Bright Yellow. It's more like Golden yellow though.

And my 8ight-t 3.0 and mini Erevo are flo yellow Duratrax.

Looks good. Everyone has to start somewhere and single color is the norm. Like with everything else, the more you do it, the better you'll get. For cutting, I recommend lexan scissors if you don't have a pair. The curved scissors help with those intricate cuts. Also, you can cut in pizza slices for tight curves and then sand it smooth.

And remember, you can always fix a paint mistake with a decal. LoL.

Looks good. Everyone has to start somewhere and single color is the norm. Like with everything else, the more you do it, the better you'll get. For cutting, I recommend lexan scissors if you don't have a pair. The curved scissors help with those intricate cuts. Also, you can cut in pizza slices for tight curves and then sand it smooth.

And remember, you can always fix a paint mistake with a decal. LoL.

Funny you should mention the pizza slices cutting. That’s what I did on mine without even thinking about it. Makes the curves so much easier. For me it also helped that I did the cutting and drilling before painting. That way I knew ahead of time everything was lined up and fit well.

Yeah, I always cut/drill prior to painting. So much easier that way, especially for the body mount holes.

orange and black always look good. Kind of reminds me of the new McLaren F1 car's scheme. Here are my EB and ET

Attachments

• IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 531
orange and black always look good. Kind of reminds me of the new McLaren F1 car's scheme. Here are my EB and ET

OMG! Those are beautiful. Where did you find Orange wings. I want to go with a similar color scheme as Orange is my favorite color.

Thanks so much! I can't paint but I figured a simple pattern like this one would match my skills! My inspiration is the old Gulf Oil colors. I custom dyed the wheels and wings. Took the white versions of both and used RIT dye to get the orange. Easy to do. Bring some water to just under a boil and add dye. Dunk the white parts into the dye and wait until they are the color you want. RIT have different color oranges, so make sure to get the right one. My grocery store has several but I found the one I like on Amazon.

Thanks so much! I can't paint but I figured a simple pattern like this one would match my skills! My inspiration is the old Gulf Oil colors. I custom dyed the wheels and wings. Took the white versions of both and used RIT dye to get the orange. Easy to do. Bring some water to just under a boil and add dye. Dunk the white parts into the dye and wait until they are the color you want. RIT have different color oranges, so make sure to get the right one. My grocery store has several but I found the one I like on Amazon.

Oh wow I didn’t know that dye would work on plastic. I thought it was just for fabric and whatnot. The orange wheels I get from DEracing. I have some blue ones now too.

it only works on nylon plastic like what many wings are made of. And most wheels. the plastic is porous to will accept the dye. Holds up well and looks great for custom look. It is an old school trick from back in the OG RC10 days.

it only works on nylon plastic like what many wings are made of. And most wheels. the plastic is porous to will accept the dye. Holds up well and looks great for custom look. It is an old school trick from back in the OG RC10 days.

Oh that’s awesome, I’m definitely going to try that out now. Thanks again.

Happy to help. The orange DE wheels are very nice too. Sometimes you can find white wheels on sale.

Happy to help. The orange DE wheels are very nice too. Sometimes you can find white wheels on sale.
Yeah that’s true I didn’t think of that, although now that I know about dyeing I’m definitely going to be on the lookout now.

Recent Popular Liked

Back