• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

online tekno parts in Canada?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have a good online parts distributor for Canada?
I live in the boonies about an hour and a half away from any decent hobby store that can order me in the parts.

Traditionally I've used amain, but everything takes a month to get here :/

Anyone happen to have a good online parts distributor for Canada?
I live in the boonies about an hour and a half away from any decent hobby store that can order me in the parts.

Traditionally I've used amain, but everything takes a month to get here :/
Looks like you may have to stay with amain. I have had nothing but good luck with Amain, but I’m in So. Cal. Patience is usually its own reward.

Looks like you may have to stay with amain. I have had nothing but good luck with Amain, but I’m in So. Cal. Patience is usually its own reward.
I agree.

I just waited a month to get a hobbywing motor. Cost of the motor was $99 plus about 10 shipping.

When it got to my door I owed another $30 in taxes and brokerage fees.

So it appears as a Canadian we can expect to get hit with an extra 30%.

Ouch!

I agree.

I just waited a month to get a hobbywing motor. Cost of the motor was $99 plus about 10 shipping.

When it got to my door I owed another $30 in taxes and brokerage fees.

So it appears as a Canadian we can expect to get hit with an extra 30%.

Ouch!
Ya I know it sucks (being Canadian also). Try Tower Hobbies, they are USA also but I found I didn’t always get taxed or customed. Or just do bigger orders from Tekno directly. Hobby Wholesale or Great Hobbies are two large Canadian hobby stores that stock some Tekno stuff. I’ve found replacement parts for my EB48.4 there. Free shipping over $80cad or $100cad. This is partly why I have Traxxas rc still also, because they just are easier to get parts for in Canada

Ya I know it sucks (being Canadian also). Try Tower Hobbies, they are USA also but I found I didn’t always get taxed or customed. Or just do bigger orders from Tekno directly. Hobby Wholesale or Great Hobbies are two large Canadian hobby stores that stock some Tekno stuff. I’ve found replacement parts for my EB48.4 there. Free shipping over $80cad or $100cad. This is partly why I have Traxxas rc still also, because they just are easier to get parts for in Canada

Thanks for this! I'll give tower a shot and whobby wholesale.

Honestly, I got my Arrma stuff from Great hobbies before but I feel they never have any stock of Tekno stuff...always zero parts in inventory on their site.

Old post but i use Canada hobbies out of B.C. Still takes a couple week's but considering where i live that's not bad, nearest hobby shop is 300km away!

Old post but i use Canada hobbies out of B.C. Still takes a couple week's but considering where i live that's not bad, nearest hobby shop is 300km away!
I've haven't had good experiences with Canada hobbies.

Also, they fill their websites with ads... So many you can't even shop on your mobile device.

On top of that, the site loads very very very slow for me. The slow website makes ordering nearly impossible so I just end up using amain.

Amain is also way cheaper.

I've haven't had good experiences with Canada hobbies.

Also, they fill their websites with ads... So many you can't even shop on your mobile device.

On top of that, the site loads very very very slow for me. The slow website makes ordering nearly impossible so I just end up using amain.

Amain is also way cheaper.
I have found Amain is pretty good as a Canadian. Also guys look into tower hobbies. You earn points, prices and shipping are pretty good and they have coupons you can use just like Amain. I actually just ordered some parts for my ET48 from them. Otherwise great hobbies in Ontario is pretty good and their website is excellent

Thanks for this! I'll give tower a shot and whobby wholesale.

Honestly, I got my Arrma stuff from Great hobbies before but I feel they never have any stock of Tekno stuff...always zero parts in inventory on their site.
Ya they don’t have much I realized also or it’s never in stock. Tower is good! Make sure to use the coupons

Recent Popular Liked

Back