• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Oh no, I've caught the bug?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifti

Reaction score
Newbie to Tekno. always run Traxxas in the past, but enjoyed upgrading etc so decided to build a kit.

Ordered EB 2.0 over 6 weeks ago - hopefully coming in the next week or so - and have also ordered all the tools and electronics etc.

However, I'm now starting to want the ET48 as well........

Have no track near me, so just general bashing.
Thinking the EB48 for on-road use and the ET48 for off road........

I don't know........I'm really tempted.....!
Have I caught the Tekno bug yet???! lol

This is going to sound strange but hear me out...

For a basher, I think the MT410 might be better suited, it's essentially an EB48.3 chassis with ET48.3 arms/shafts. The MT410 will do wheelies easier and can do standing back flips to make it easier to marshal itself ;)

If you plan to maintain an older .3 I would consider returning the 2.0 kit before you break the seal and order the discontinued .4 kit which is $180 less.... since you will be bashing only, you really don't need the extra tuning features from the 2.0 which is a completely different platform... at least with the .4 kit, there are far more parts that will be compatible so you will need fewer spares to maintain both .3 and .4 kits.

Good luck with the build(s)!

You can also always go with a mt410 then convert the chassis to a ET chassis you'll notice one big of a heck difference.

The older EB48.x also has tones of aftermarket support from T Bone racing, m2c and others that the newer 2.0 hasn’t. That is something to consider for bashing.

Now if you already have the new 2.0 and money is not an issue, then build it with a genuine racing combo and save it for the better days. You’ll eventually want to hit a track and that will be your rig!

Now if you already have the new 2.0 and money is not an issue, then build it with a genuine racing combo and save it for the better days. You’ll eventually want to hit a track and that will be your rig!

This is exactly it. I'm building everything 'race spec' in the hope to get it on the track one day.
Note, when I say 'bashing' I do not mean jumping and generally wrecking my RC. I mean general parking lot type fun with friends. Nothing that should break any components - I have a separate bashing truck for anything heavier.....

Recent Popular Liked

Back