• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

No brake or reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieG

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Hi Guys, well it seems my braking and reverse has just stopped working. I’m running the EzRun MAX8 & EzRun 4274 Power System Combo. I noticed it intermittently cutting out where I would have to keep triggering the throttle to get it to work and now it’s gone completely. I tried recalibrating the throttle, neutral and brake positioning, checking the settings on the esc, even flicked the throttle switch on my transmitter to reverse thinking it might be the trigger but nope. Could this be the motor gone? The esc emits the red light when you activate the trigger to go in reverse or brake but nothing happens, I’m out of ideas. Help please? :(

My typical (generic) checklist for diagnosing any issue with my trucks (some of these you may have already done):
-check all wiring connections and solders for damage
-take out the motor, does the truck still roll smoothly? Any binding?
-Spin up the motor with no load (using controller). Does it still roll smoothly? Weird noises?
-To isolate it isn't a receiver, swap out to a known good one and see if the problem exists.
-To isolate it isn't a motor, swap in a known good motor and see if problem exists, or swap the current motor into a working truck to see if it still has issues.
-Try different batteries.
-Reset ESC.
-Recalibrate ESC.

If I had the issues you're having, and I ran through the checklist and it's not a motor/receiver/battery issue, then i'd chalk it up to a broken ESC and look at replacing.

My typical (generic) checklist for diagnosing any issue with my trucks (some of these you may have already done):
-check all wiring connections and solders for damage
-take out the motor, does the truck still roll smoothly? Any binding?
-Spin up the motor with no load (using controller). Does it still roll smoothly? Weird noises?
-To isolate it isn't a receiver, swap out to a known good one and see if the problem exists.
-To isolate it isn't a motor, swap in a known good motor and see if problem exists, or swap the current motor into a working truck to see if it still has issues.
-Try different batteries.
-Reset ESC.
-Recalibrate ESC.

If I had the issues you're having, and I ran through the checklist and it's not a motor/receiver/battery issue, then i'd chalk it up to a broken ESC and look at replacing.
Thanks for your reply and great troubleshooting suggestions. I have already ruled out binding, motor and wiring all those seem to be fine, I don’t have secondary motors or receivers to try though but I’m leaning on an ESC issue so I may just try a factory reset and another recalibration. Someone on another forum suggested recalibrating and setting the brake drag up high, I might try that too.

Nah just a cheaper alternative from banggood although has similar parameters and I’m almost certain now it was the ATL set to a low setting. :/

Recent Popular Liked

Back