• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New to Me EB410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcase5678

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
Driving Style
Racer
Looking for a quality motor and esc that won’t break the bank. Would like to be competitive with the buggy, but the kit alone ate up most of my budget.
Thoughts?

congrats on the new to you ride!

mod or stock electronics?

Stock will get expensive quickly if you want to be competitive :(

For a decent mod setup on a budget, I would recommend the HobbyWing QuicRun 10BL120 which is an older version ESC, but still a very good quality product that will stand the test of time, only thing wrong is that it doesn't have any advanced features that you may not need anyway... no HV-BEC, no BlueTooth programming no advanced curve programming, etc... it uses the older version LED program card which also keeps cost low and programming simple ;)

For a cheap dependable motor, I would get the 6.5T motor here:
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/brushless-car-motors/1-10-motors/hobbystar/hobbystar-540-brushless-sensored-motor.html

They offer free shipping on orders over $50 so if you need a LiPo, then I would recommend this one too:
https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batter...-2s-hv-100c-hardcase-shorty-lipo-battery.html

Good Luck!

For a decent mod setup on a budget, I would recommend the HobbyWing QuicRun 10BL120 which is an older version ESC, but still a very good quality product that will stand the test of time, only thing wrong is that it doesn't have any advanced features that you may not need anyway... no HV-BEC, no BlueTooth programming no advanced curve programming, etc... it uses the older version LED program card which also keeps cost low and programming simple ;)

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/brushless-car-motors/1-10-motors/hobbystar/hobbystar-540-brushless-sensored-motor.html

They offer free shipping on orders over $50 so if you need a LiPo, then I would recommend this one too:
https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batter...-2s-hv-100c-hardcase-shorty-lipo-battery.html

Good Luck!
I definitely agree with Billl on the Quickrun. I put a lot of hours on mine and still have it in the toolbox as a back up. At a fraction of the cost of a Xr10 pro G2, with good performance for the price.
Have fun !

quick question, is there a decent servo that you could recommend as well?
I am new to RC and don’t know much about it. The guy I’m getting the buggy from is throwing in some wheels and tires but I will need to get a set of those as well.
I plan to race mostly outdoor/dirt and clay, there will likely not be any carpet racing as I can’t find many indoor tracks in my area (Central PA).

Which servo is right for me?

I absolutely love this servo that I have been running in my SCT410 for a while now, by far the smoothest servo I have ever owned, it's right there with the $200 servos!
A80BHM 31kg.cm(430oz-in) @6.0V - 0.120sec/60°@6.0V

More info here that might be useful for you:
Which electronics are best?

If you're gonna run on a hard pack clay, then get a set of Scribbles, they are the hot tire right now!
http://www.raceaka.com/scribblemethis

ScirbbleTrioWebStory.jpg

Thank you again good sir, I’ve been trolling your threads, a lot of great information provided to many users!

@Billl DeLong, do you think this set up will require a fan for the motor? I have all of the parts with the exception of the receiver and esc (shipping from China so who knows when I’ll receive it). I have time to order a fan if it’s needed. I have the 6t 540 you recommended. I’m not sure how the fan size works.
Thank you in advance for any information/help!

In theory, a properly geared mod setup shouldn't need a cooling fan on the motor, but call me obsessive, I like to run a cooling fan on all my 540 motors regardless, yeah it's overkill, but I don't stress over my temps either :)

I have been shopping for a more appropriate ESC for my EB410 and have been looking a 60A versions. Should I be looking at 120A versions?

I've been running a cheap 60A in a Slash 4x4 with no heat issues.

I currently have a 120A Trackstar SCT in there and thought it was much more than needed.

Hey Bill, thats the post that sparked my question. The 10BL60 is the ESC I was considering.

I guess the better question would be what is the typical # of turns for a typical mod 1/10 scale?

Not 100% sure how dependable the EagleTree datalogger is in this case but, in my Slash 4x4 running a 4300KV motor on 2S I only measured momentary peaks of 60A. Most of the graph was under 30A.

The 10BL60 is ~40% lighter and a bit smaller than the 10BL120.

Anyone know what the typical current draw is on the 410 with various KV/turns?

In the same post above I also recommended a 6.5T motor which I feel would be the sweet spot for most folks, you can always dial back the EPA on the throttle if it's too much power ;)

Good Luck!
@Billl DeLong
I have since decided to go another way, budget is no longer an issue. I want to compete in stock racing and was wondering what you think as far as an esc and servo to go with this motor? https://www.teamtrinity.com/trinity...d-offroad-spec-brushless-motor-rev1101xo.html
also have considered keeping the mod set up in the EB410 and picking up a new car to compete with, any recommendations?

Stock racing will get expensive quick!

The motor you have chosen is exactly what I would get if I was required to run a ROAR certified motor, fortunately the club in our area allows "Outlaw" motors so I currently run the Trinity Punisher which offers comparable power that Certified motor you linked.

Remaining electronics that I currently run/recommend:

Stock racing will get expensive quick!

The motor you have chosen is exactly what I would get if I was required to run a ROAR certified motor, fortunately the club in our area allows "Outlaw" motors so I currently run the Trinity Punisher which offers comparable power that Certified motor you linked.

Remaining electronics that I currently run/recommend:
Awesome, thank you!
I was trying to go through the many threads you’ve made, and I kept getting turned around and closing the wrong tabs... haha

What is the difference between running the 7.4 and the 7.6 HV. Does it have any negative effects on the ESC or engine?

quick clarification between Engine and Motor:

Engine is typically referred to "internal combustion engine" and is powered by fuel.

Motor is typically referred to "conductive motor" and is powered by electricity.

Standard LiPo batteries are typically charged to 4.20V/cell and LiHV cells can be charged up to 4.35V/cell which can add an extra 0.30V for a 2S pack configuration which adds a noticeable boost in performance and extra capacity.

Many clubs will perform a tech inspection and limit to 8.4V max, but there are still benefits of running LiHV packs at 8.4V where they will provide significantly lower IR which offers more sustainable power under load.

LiHV can also handle high charge rates to further reduce IR, more on this discussed here:
Which charger is the best?

Recent Popular Liked

Back