• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New Tekno Nitro coming???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sludog

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I was watching Tenko sponsored racer Mark Santa Maria's on youtube yesterday. He is a huge Traxxas fan but also a loyal Tekno fan and racer/basher as well so I forgive him. :D His live chat video he recorded he mentioned that he was getting a new nitro vehicle soon and then backed off a bit like it was a secret. He also did the same mention in another recent video he posted about a bunch of free nitro tools he was given but gave no further details. During the live chat he was browsing nitro engines on Amain website while answering a question and he showed the Tekno nitro engine and mentioned he was probably going to get that one for an upcoming project. Sponsored racers are usually the first to get new goods from companies. Anyone think something new nitro buggy or truck is coming soon? I was thinking maybe a nitro MT410 truck??:unsure:

He probably is getting the new NB48 2.0. Tekno already released this, prior to releasing the EB48 2.0. I have heard talk of a new Truggy platform and I know Mark likes to drive his ET48.3 already. Maybe he was hinting about a new nitro truggy.

It would only make sense that the truggy would be the next platform they update since it didn't get a .4 update like the buggy. I doubt it would get skipped twice when it comes to manufacturing updates.

He probably is getting the new NB48 2.0. Tekno already released this, prior to releasing the EB48 2.0. I have heard talk of a new Truggy platform and I know Mark likes to drive his ET48.3 already. Maybe he was hinting about a new nitro truggy.

It would only make sense that the truggy would be the next platform they update since it didn't get a .4 update like the buggy. I doubt it would get skipped twice when it comes to manufacturing updates.
How about a nitro MT truck? That has been out for a while untouched.

How about a nitro MT truck? That has been out for a while untouched.

The thing with their MT is, it's not a racing vehicle. Tekno is focused on racing primarily. It would be very surprising to me if they updated the MT before the truggy.

You can make a nitro MT by using the NB48.3 or .4 and just swap out the front and rear ends....instant nitro MT. I have seen lots of used NB48.4's up for sale these days.

The thing with their MT is, it's not a racing vehicle. Tekno is focused on racing primarily. It would be very surprising to me if they updated the MT before the truggy.

You can make a nitro MT by using the NB48.3 or .4 and just swap out the front and rear ends....instant nitro MT. I have seen lots of used NB48.4's up for sale these days.
Yeah you probably right. I was looking to get the EB48 2.0 next but if they update the ET48 soon I would buy that first for sure.

No new nitro truggy in the near future, and honestly I don't ever see us selling a nitro MT. If people really wanted a nitro MT they could buy our current NT and put the NB chassis on it.

I would guess he's talking about the NB 2.0, but I haven't watched that video yet.

I'm not giving anything away by saying that a NT48 2.0 is most likely the next vehicle to be released. Obviously I can't give any more information than that.

There is a racing series in my area in the summer that holds races at various tracks around the state, and one in a neighboring state. 1/8 nitro buggy and truggy are the most popular classes. I love the smell of nitro in the morning, and want to race a truggy.

With the release of the ET48 2.0, a NT48 2.0 seems the next logical step ;)

I’m collecting the needed items to put one together when they are released.

Recent Popular Liked

Back