• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New guy and my build, MT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateurhour

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I’ve been slowly building an MT410 and have been loving the build. It’s really been helpful having all of the knowledge and information about these cars here. I’ve been reading and searching even before I bought my kit and it’s taught me a lot. I’m glad this site is available and everyone is so helpful.

Here’s where I’m at so far in my first Tekno build

1B041736-10DF-42E1-8C09-F36BE55DFDED.jpeg

Nice build and upgrades. What motor heat sink and fan setup do you have? Any issues with the heat sink hitting the motor wires? I bought a Yeah Racing heat sink with twin tornado fans kit. I still haven't installed it but looks to be a tight fit. Want to get some more runs in to get a baseline before I put the fans in.

Thanks! ? It’s a holmes hobbies 4274 motor and the yeah racing heatsink/fans.

They way I made room for them is I installed a larger 48 tooth spur and then a 16t pinion to move the motor out and give me more gearing options for larger tires. The stock 15/44 gearing brings in the motor so close that some people have trouble fitting the fans.

Thanks WoodiE ?

No that I’ve got my own thread I might as well share what I’ve got so far.

To fit the 48 tooth spur I had to notch the chassis a little and raise the brace above the center diff. I have an Arrma Kraton and it’s chassis is notched like this so that’s where the idea came from. You can see the small slot in the Kraton’s chassis here

At that point a 46t spur rubbed the stock diff cap but cleared with the m2c rear horizontal brace. To fit the 48t spur I needed to add 0.5mm of shims under the brace. I used 1mm shims just to give some extra room for flex. Four 3mm x 1 above the diff and two 4mm x 1 at the rear.

I’m not impressed with the tekno body mounts and I haven’t read anything good about their durability so I replaced them. I shaved down some of my extra arrma mounts to fit in the square holes. And I installed the proline secure loc body mount kit. I’m not sure if one of their other kits designed for a specific vehicle would have fit in the tekno mounts, that would have been easier but I knew this would work, and I like the way the arrma mounts pivot to match the body angle.

Speaking of bodies I had planned on using an unbreakable body, and I ordered one but I don’t really like the way that it fits/looks so I’ll try to resell it. Let me know if anyone wants it.

Instead I’m going with the 72 C-10 from proline. It fits the wheelbase really nicely and I love the look of the old chevys. I just need to paint it.

I have an unbreakable C-10 body on my Kraton and it’s really tough, but it’s also one solid color and not super attractive. When I asked if he had them in any other colors he said they were available in all black, white, or orange ? So for now I’ll be shallow and smash up a nice looking body.

Thanks! ? It’s a holmes hobbies 4274 motor and the yeah racing heatsink/fans.

They way I made room for them is I installed a larger 48 tooth spur and then a 16t pinion to move the motor out and give me more gearing options for larger tires. The stock 15/44 gearing brings in the motor so close that some people have trouble fitting the fans.View attachment 3180
I have the same heatsink and fan setup and chose the more bodge it approach of cutting a hole in the lower part of the heatsink clamp so it would clear the chassis brace!

Last edited:
I have the same heatsink and fan setup and chose the more bodge it approach of cuttinga hole in the lower part of the heatsink clamp so it would clear the chassis brace!

@Klappars do you have any pictures of what you had to cut to make it fit? What pinion are you running?

I can take a picture for you later. I'm running a 17t pinion with my Hobbystar 4082 1600kv. I would run a smaller pinion on your setup.

Yeah if you don’t mind I’d like to see a decent picture of what you had to do to make it fit. Thanks!

As far as gearing goes a 15 tooth pinion on the stock 44t spur gives a 2.93:1 reduction. The 16/48 gives 3:1 so it’s slightly deeper. I’ll start there and see how it goes. I can switch to 15/48 for a 3.2:1 easily if I need.

I have some 4s backflips to run which aren’t the largest tires so we’ll see how it works. If I “need” to I could go to one of those larger motors, I guess that would’ be too bad ?

@Amateurhour
I have a picture here from when I installed the heatsink and fan.

It's not the best but you can see where I cut a hole to clear the chassis brace and used some 2mm washers due to the motor can being slightly over 40mm diameter.
IMG_0688.jpg

Hope that helps?

Yeah that's great thanks! (y) that shows it pretty well how you notched it.

That doesn’t look bodged at all. I think it came out pretty clean. (y)

I built the shocks with M2C Racing ZRS caps. I like how easy the emulation shocks are to build. Used a very expensive and exotic shock stand ;)

Everything else is stock for now, I’ll upgrade it if it breaks.

[GALLERY=media, 265][/GALLERY]

I painted the body with Spaz Stix Candy Blue. It’s been a long time since I have painted an rc body. It came out good enough as long as you look from a distance. I tried using “tint” for the windows but when you mist it on it looked spotty and the second coat made it just black. Oh well.

[GALLERY=media, 268][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 271][/GALLERY]

Last edited:
I know that the dboots backflip tires are well liked, and I run them on my Kraton and they do well for me. The aren’t as big or as heavy as the proline mx38s but I think the look too large for the mt410.

[GALLERY=media, 267][/GALLERY]

I’m going with the backflip LPs from the 4s arrma outcast. They are smaller than the 6s version and I think they look more appropriate on the 410.

[GALLERY=media, 272][/GALLERY]

Here are the 6s and 4s backflips side by side
[GALLERY=media, 269][/GALLERY]

Recent Popular Liked

Back