• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New ESC but wondering about motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacetrucker

Reaction score
I'm looking for some educated opinions on motor choice.
I bought a Castle Mamba X Esc and I'm wondering what is a good motor for the pairing?

I'm running a 32P Proline Transmission and a 16T pinion gear. Currently, I'm using 2S batteries but would like some more power and speed. eventually I would I like to go up to 3s and maybe 4 if the runtime is good and the power is worth it.

Would the Castle Creations 1410-3800KV be a good fit?

I just went through this decision myself, and the bottom line is there is no motor that will run on 2s that will also work well on 4s. The motors are just far too different.

Any motor that will work well on 2s, will smoke if you throw 4 at it.

You haven't really even told us what car you're running, but I personally would avoid castle motors because there are better ones out there for way less money.

3800 seems a little slow for a 2s imo

If you're really set on Castle, then the 1515 motor is on sale this week at amain with the mamba monster x, which gives you the extra channel on the esc and overall is just a better ESC.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...-w-1515-sensored-motor-cse010-0145-03/p587669

I grabbed one of these just for the ESC, then sold the motor and basically got the esc for under 100 bucks :)

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back