• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New build, old enthusiast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slapnutz

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Straight to the matter.
Would like to build a 1/10 or 1/8 buggy or truggy. I have 4 - 3S lipo's w/charger, transmitter and receiver, steering servo. Hoped to spend $500-$700 on a rolling chassis, and what motor and esc would be best for said chassis?

Not enough information to give you a reasonable answer.

Is the 3S the same physical size of a standard 2S pack? Please provide specs on your 3S packs.

What specific brand and model servo do you have?

Most likely you may be able to get the SCT410.3, I have a build thread here with some electronics where I started out with 2S and upgraded to 3S and 4S with various motors as I honed in on peak efficiency to power ratio:
I would not recommend any other 1/10 TEKNO to run on 3S simply because there aren't any 3S packs designed to fit their battery trays.

That said I would not recommend any 1/8 kits to run 3S either, they need to be at least 4S to get proper power without cooking your electronics.

What is the intended use for your truck?

You can get an older EB48.4 buggy for rather cheap and bash it on 3s. It will be super durable.

Or you can build a dual battery / 6s truck that will be insanely fast. It really all depends on what you want to do with it.

What is the intended use for your truck?

You can get an older EB48.4 buggy for rather cheap and bash it on 3s. It will be super durable.

Or you can build a dual battery / 6s truck that will be insanely fast. It really all depends on what you want to do with it.

Good call on the 6S approach, but that might be a challenge to get 2 packs to fit in a single battery tray design that TEKNO is limited with, it can probably be done but will require some modification and careful routing of the wires, etc...

I would limit to a 1300KV motor for 6S

I would find a mt410 roller and get a decent hobbywing or castle 1/8 combo. It’s pretty versatile as is or for a few bucks stretch it to a Truggy chassis. It’s not much more then the real 1/10 cars like SCT etc. those smaller rigs are all great, especially if you want to race with it, but a 410 or 48.3 size rig can do a real lot

Recent Popular Liked

Back