• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Need help programming my transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srichter

Reaction score
So yesterday I had my eb48 2.0 out for its first test drive and it was awesome! However as I was driving I drove into a little bush and tried to reverse out but the reverse stopped working. So I went and pulled it out and kept bashing until the battery ran out. Once I got home I gave it a good clean and went to program the esc (orion vortex xxl ve) and after I had done the neutral, gas and brake they were all backwards and now my steering isn’t working). Perhaps the manual I was using off the website isn’t the correct one? I will attach a picture of the set up I followed. Please help me straighten out the gas/brake and steering.
Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 6716605D-91EC-4F8C-91B1-D38A07FA66D1.png
    6716605D-91EC-4F8C-91B1-D38A07FA66D1.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 195
  • D7C211C9-E01F-4C3E-89AC-89C28C87B086.jpeg
    D7C211C9-E01F-4C3E-89AC-89C28C87B086.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 181
No water involved, transmitter stayed dry the whole time. Toothbrush and a bit of compressed air to clean the car.

Ok so I figured it out, I just did the steps opposite (when it said put trigger in accelerate I put it in brake and vice versa) also figured out the steering. The shop that hooked up the electronics added a line from the servo to the receiver, i took it out and plugged the servo directly into the receiver and now the steeri g works. Question though, do I have to reprogram the low voltage detector? In my instruction manual it said to reset the whole esc hold down setup key for 5 seconds. I never did that though, should I be ok?

Ok so I took it out for a test drive and now accelerating is really slow but reverse is really fast. What the hell is going on?!

Which transmitter is it? I use Futabas and they will have the reverse be faster than the forward unless I set the throttle to reversed on the transmitter and ESC and then program them. I would try switching your transmitter to reverse and then reprogram the esc and see if that does it

Which transmitter is it? I use Futabas and they will have the reverse be faster than the forward unless I set the throttle to reversed on the transmitter and ESC and then program them. I would try switching your transmitter to reverse and then reprogram the esc and see if that does it
It is a flyskyrc. I finally found the proper manual for it and it says I may need to change it to reverse on the transmitter. I will give it a go tomorrow.

ok so I have tried the reverse and it does nothing. I'm so confused as to what I am doing right now. I follow the steps for programming but when I try and run the vehicle the acceleration is slow but reverse is the speed the acceleration should be.

Hmmm.... that’s a tough one. I don’t see the reverse option in that manual, the esc might not have that option.
I had the exact problem with my truck and it was super frustrating until I got it sorted out. Hopefully someone comes up with a good solution for you!

I would reset everything back to factory and then re-calibrate the transmitter again.

By the sounds of it you are probably changing settings without realizing it.

Either way it does sound like a calibration issue more than anything else.

Hmmm.... that’s a tough one. I don’t see the reverse option in that manual, the esc might not have that option.
I had the exact problem with my truck and it was super frustrating until I got it sorted out. Hopefully someone comes up with a good solution for you!
Thanks for the help, I think I’m going to take this to my LHS and get them to walk me through the steps.
Cheers!

I would reset everything back to factory and then re-calibrate the transmitter again.

By the sounds of it you are probably changing settings without realizing it.

Either way it does sound like a calibration issue more than anything else.
Thanks for the help, I think I’m going to take this to my LHS and get them to walk me through the steps.
Cheers!

so it sounds like with this ESC I have to reprogram it and two of the wires need to be re wired as now the motor is spinning backwards. unfortunately the esc is soldered to the motor and I have no skills/confidence in that so it will definitely be going to the LHS tomorrow.

thanks for all your help on this issue!

Recent Popular Liked

Back