• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My ET410 bashing build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
  4. ET410
  5. MT410
  6. NB-48
  7. NT-48
  8. SCT410
  9. DB48
Driving Style
Basher
Finally almost done with the build so here's some pictures
PXL_20220501_174319263.jpg
PXL_20220501_174324981.jpg
PXL_20220501_174349072.jpg
PXL_20220501_174401115.jpg
Currently waiting for bullet connectors, metal servo horn and some tires. Stock setup except for the wing being adjusted further back a bit.
Electronics:
Arrma BLX100 esc (max 10 clone)
Used Hobbywing 3660 4000kv
Power-HD 20 kg coreless (Might swap it out for a jx because this one is kinda slow)
Flysky gt5 with stock receiver.

Finally almost done with the build so here's some picturesView attachment 8283View attachment 8282View attachment 8281View attachment 8280Currently waiting for bullet connectors, metal servo horn and some tires. Stock setup except for the wing being adjusted further back a bit.
Electronics:
Arrma BLX100 esc (max 10 clone)
Used Hobbywing 3660 4000kv
Power-HD 20 kg coreless (Might swap it out for a jx because this one is kinda slow)
Flysky gt5 with stock receiver.
What kind of tires you going to run for a basher???

What kind of tires you going to run for a basher???
Waiting for the jconcepts sprinter wheels and tires from amain. I wanted to mount the trenchers on the wheels but I couldn't find out if it fit.

Nice

I think the trenchers will be to heavy mine beat the hell out of my 1/10 scale rigs
What do you mean by that 👆?

I got Badlands SC tires on my ET410... freakin' awesome 💪! And they weigh more than the Trenchers 2.2" tires. I do plan to use Trenchers 2.2" ST tires on my ET410 very shortly.

I know of no other 2.2" medium compound stadium truck tire out there. Trenchers it is, unless somebody can point me in another direction .
1652914592058.png

I got Badlands SC tires on my ET410... freakin' awesome 💪! And they weigh more than the Trenchers 2.2" tires. I do plan to use Trenchers 2.2" ST tires on my ET410 very shortly.

I know of no other 2.2" medium compound stadium truck tire out there. Trenchers it is, unless somebody can point me in another direction .
View attachment 8372

Wonder what the weight difference is without foams? guessing it is indentical

View attachment 8372
I think I just prefer a smaller tire on my 1/10 rigs any time I would run the trenchers I was disappointed in the performance compared to a less M/T styled tires

Hopefully getting my tires tomorrow so i can drive it this weekend. Wondering how they're gonna look on the car too.

Well the tires finally arrived a week after they were supposed to. Turns out the rims apparently dont clear the toe links even though the description of the rims even says the name of the car in it.
PXL_20220525_154640170.jpg
PXL_20220525_154614520.jpg

Any suggestions for tires and/ or rims that are for gravel/ dirt, aren't expensive and are sold in europe?

Edit: After some research I think the rims only fit the original et410 and not the .2

Last edited:

View attachment 8372
Since sct tires are cheap and sold at my lhs I might consider buying them. How was the driving experience on them? (I do know about the extra spacer in the shocks for sct tires)

can you flip the chips in the upper portion of the rear hubs and lower where the camber link ties in?

edit. looking at your build pics rotate the outer links half a turn so the angle is like \_____ and it may give you enough clearance on the wheel

Attachments

• et410.2.png
    et410.2.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 106
can you flip the chips in the upper portion of the rear hubs and lower where the camber link ties in?

edit. looking at your build pics rotate the outer links half a turn so the angle is like \_____ and it may give you enough clearance on the wheel
Should i move the other mounting position down a hole so its the same height between the holes as before then? Or would it make almost no difference anyways.

I would first flip the outer links so they match the build guide and double check your clearances. If that doesn't fix it then I would start by altering the link locations at the hub, if it clears I would try that and drive it and see how it feels. Maybe lowering the inner spot from the 2nd hole to the 3rd as that may keep the upper camber link closer to the same angle as it is in the stock setup. Stock in the back is 2D^ and 3D↓ may be very close to that.

I would first flip the outer links so they match the build guide and double check your clearances. If that doesn't fix it then I would start by altering the link locations at the hub, if it clears I would try that and drive it and see how it feels. Maybe lowering the inner spot from the 2nd hole to the 3rd as that may keep the upper camber link closer to the same angle as it is in the stock setup. Stock in the back is 2D^ and 3D↓ may be very close to to that.
Alright thanks. didn't realize I put it on the wrong way. Gonna try this later today and I'll report back.

Alright thanks. didn't realize I put it on the wrong way. Gonna try this later today and I'll report back.

I had a couple little mistakes on mine also and found one that I messed up when I started building my eb410 that i recognized as being different than the et410 build.

Thinking of getting one but I’m not sure it’s a bashers vehicle. I’ll be watching it forum for more info

The term "bashing" got out of control IMO when brushless motors, and large cell count LiPo packs came to the hobby. Now everyone seems to think "RC bashing" is intent to do violent physical harm to toy cars. People often will say certain types of RCs can't be "bashed", or you have to "send" an RC so high, or so hard to be a great basher.

RC bashing is simply driving your RC car around without rules and regulations. There are no race tracks (sometimes) or constraints to work around. It is all about you and your RC having fun rippin' 'n' tearin' around as fast, or slow as you see fit. If a person wants to toss plastic, and metal toys 30' into the air... so be it. That's just one of many levels in the RC "bashing" world.

Sure there have been a few 4wd ST platforms before the Tekno ET410, but none that jumped out at me. I waited decades for the right 1/10 scale 4wd non-monster truck to come around. The ET410 was a 4wd stadium truck/mini truggy dream come true. It's stupid fun as a basher. I run mine on a super rough backyard track, and even though I don't send it higher than 4' in the air (with no down ramps), it has gone through all kinds of tumbles/mishaps really well... one of my lowest upkeep costs RCs. YMMV depending on your comfort zone.

How does it fair in fairly thick grass? I love the size, but am hesitating a bit between this and the ET48, which is a bit big and heavy.

The term "bashing" got out of control IMO when brushless motors, and large cell count LiPo packs came to the hobby. Now everyone seems to think "RC bashing" is intent to do violent physical harm to toy cars. People often will say certain types of RCs can't be "bashed", or you have to "send" an RC so high, or so hard to be a great basher.

RC bashing is simply driving your RC car around without rules and regulations. There are no race tracks (sometimes) or constraints to work around. It is all about you and your RC having fun rippin' 'n' tearin' around as fast, or slow as you see fit. If a person wants to toss plastic, and metal toys 30' into the air... so be it. That's just one of many levels in the RC "bashing" world.

Sure there have been a few 4wd ST platforms before the Tekno ET410, but none that jumped out at me. I waited decades for the right 1/10 scale 4wd non-monster truck to come around. The ET410 was a 4wd stadium truck/mini truggy dream come true. It's stupid fun as a basher. I run mine on a super rough backyard track, and even though I don't send it higher than 4' in the air (with no down ramps), it has gone through all kinds of tumbles/mishaps really well... one of my lowest upkeep costs RCs. YMMV depending on your comfort zone.

Recent Popular Liked

Back