• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 My “Joker” build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romaine839

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Not really a build thread, more of a tear down and rebuild thread. I travel for work a bit and I found this in a LHS on a shelf of consignment items while traveling in NC...it was dusty and the shell was a little beat up, but it had some descent Sweep tires and the chassis wasn’t too rough.

I wasn’t planning on buying it, but out of curiosity I asked the clerk how much, he said $350. And here’s the kicker, to my surprise, it was outfitted with a Tekin RX8 gen2/2250 kV combo. No radio or receiver, so I couldn’t test drive it, so I asked if they would take $300.

Clerk made a quick phone call and said the seller agreed and next thing I know, I was hitting up the atm and was the owner of another Tekno!!!

I borrowed my futaba from my MT410 to test it out. It had a servo, but it was pretty weak (Savox 1256) so I swapped in a 1258tg that I had laying around. Had to take everything apart and cleaned out about a pound of track dirt and dust. Everything was straight aside from needing fresh fluids in the diffs and shocks and a few loose screws. Worst damage was the motor bearings were shot, but only $15 for new ones. I bought a new lid and some paint and decals, and for right around $500 and a few hours of labor, I ended up with what I think is a pretty sweet truggy setup.

7D5F3D18-E194-4107-817F-69D52ECFF095.jpeg
279E3E73-06A4-441E-8C29-9AED04116F7D.jpeg
80ED0EF8-9BF4-4AFF-BA40-E8908FEFCED8.jpeg
553CA4DB-C7C9-4CC4-8301-4F8833E5DB0B.jpeg

Dude, that's a hell of a deal. Even at $350 it was a steal. I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. If you ever want to get rid of it, hit me up, I'll give you $375 LOL!

The paint job looks sweet by the way. Did you paint it all or are they decals?

Nice paint scheme!
Thanks, considering painting a Batman inspired proline apocalypse body for my MT410 next.

I came here for the build thread but was impressed with the paint job as well. :D
Thanks WoodiE, its one of my favorite parts of the hobby.

Dude, that's a hell of a deal. Even at $350 it was a steal. I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. If you ever want to get rid of it, hit me up, I'll give you $375 LOL!

The paint job looks sweet by the way. Did you paint it all or are they decals?

Thanks Chevys10zr2003, but I think I’ll hang on to this one for awhile. I couldn’t believe I found one at that price, definitely “put a smile on my face”, hence the paint job.
I used decals I got off eBay, haven’t tried liquid mask yet, maybe on my next body.

Awesome!!! That’s a steal!! Good find brother!! Great job on the paint job!

Recent Popular Liked

Back