• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 stetup for 1/8 track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNO

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I'm stephane, i'm french so sorry for english.
I buyed this MT410 2 years ago for bashing with good result at stock setup. this car is very very solid. good stuff.
I want now to use it on 1/8 track near my place. bumpy, dry, hard packed, with some dust. i did some try and already plan to change the wheels from 3.8MT to truggy wheels (Already ordered James racing disign PENTANGLE Truggy SOFT (M3 ) not yet tested.
I dont want to go to extended chassis for the moment.
All the car is at stock setup.
I know this car is not designed for track but i feel i can reach something strong enought. really impressive already on the field from other pilots.

The first problem i have with stock setup is i can't use all power because front wheels leave the ground easily, at this time it's difficult to control the sterring and i can flip, i need to reduce the power to recover.
My first think is to reduce the oil viscosity in center diff. today 100k stock. but i don't know how much i need to reduce, i saw 10k for truggy but probably need to change also front and rear ? 100/50 stock. Is the truggy oil config is also good on MT ? Why it's so big for MT410 ?
is there other solution on setup to reduce the tendency to flip ? inge pin?
Second felling, to be confirmed after the new wheels and first problem solved. I need to improve the steering on power for slow to medium corner. front have tendency to skid easily. i need to cut off power to recover.

Thank you for your help. i'm a newby on car setup. but i read a lot on this topic from now.
when everything will become fine i will post my setup sheet. It will be the first one for MT410 ;)

Best regards.

Going with the truggy chassis will eliminate the wheelies.
When cornering, try entering the corner slower, and accelerate more coming out of the turn.

Salut Stéphane,

The stock diff Oil on the truggy is 10k/10k/5k.

There is no question that I would reduce the center diff oil thickness to stock form. The result should be that you are sending a lot more power to the front wheels and should start to experience front wheel ballooning as opposed to wheelies (when front is pulled up the ground).

Out of curiosity, where do you live / race in France?

Hello

@Budki, i know that truggy chassis will eliminate the wheelies but actually its not an easy part to find here in france and a little bit expensive with shipment and custom from US additionally to other parts and body needed for conversion. i looked also the M2C chassis. Perhaps one day i will do it, but not the time being.
"I dont want to go to extended chassis for the moment"
What i want to experiment today is some technical solutions to "reduce" the wheelies tendency.

@Nicochau. i'm agree that with thickness oil i will send more power on the front wheels. my idea behind that is also to reduce the power on the rear wheels. something like a good balance can lead to an automatic power regulation on rear wheels and reduce the whellies tendency. but it's just a theory in my mind and why i'm searching for advisor.:)

i'm leaving in south of France near Toulouse.

B.r

Hello

@Budki, i know that truggy chassis will eliminate the wheelies but actually its not an easy part to find here in france and a little bit expensive with shipment and custom from US additionally to other parts and body needed for conversion. i looked also the M2C chassis. Perhaps one day i will do it, but not the time being.
"I dont want to go to extended chassis for the moment"
What i want to experiment today is some technical solutions to "reduce" the wheelies tendency.

@Nicochau. i'm agree that with thickness oil i will send more power on the front wheels. my idea behind that is also to reduce the power on the rear wheels. something like a good balance can lead to an automatic power regulation on rear wheels and reduce the whellies tendency. but it's just a theory in my mind and why i'm searching for advisor.:)

i'm leaving in south of France near Toulouse.

B.r

Salut Stephane,

Je pense que tu es sur la bonne voie. Perso je tenterais le 10k / 10k / 7k, comme les buggy. J’ai un truggy ET48.3 en configuration “basher” et je suis en train de revenir a une config course avec des huiles plus fluides. Ca marche beaucoup mieux. Plus équilibré, plus réactif et surtout bien plus rapide a pivoter.

Bonne chance a toi!

Yep je vais tenter ça en premier lieu.
Merci.

Recent Popular Liked

Back