• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 Build - Thoughts and Suggestions are appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hello Everyone,

My last build was the Tekno ET410.2. I enjoyed the build so much that when I decided to get back into RC sport, that I knew my first build would be the MT410. Here is my Tekno MT410 build:

ESC/Motor: Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC with the 1512-1800KV motor. I have used Castle in all my other builds and this combo was the only one, within budget, that was in stock

Servo: ProModeler DS930BLHV, These servos are hands down my favorite servo and the only one I use, made in the USA.

Tires: dBoot Backflip LP 4s, I noticed from a lot of other builds that these were a popular choice.

Body: ProLine VW Bug Baja body, The other builds I saw with this body looked sweet, so I am just copying those. ProLine is also a goto for me.

Tx/Rx: Fly Sky GT3B-2.4G, This one is a total wild card for me. I have never had any experience with FlySky products, so any input on this is much appreciated.

Batteries: SMC True Spec Graphene V2 Flight, 14.8V-4500mAH-40C, These were the only 4S they had in stock, so I am hoping that the word "Flight" wont matter.

Other: Tekno alum servo horn, 15T pinion, T-Bone mudguards, center brace, and skid plate.

Now I play the waiting game for parts and pieces. If you have any suggestions on parts, upgrades, or mods that you recommend then please let me know!

All looks good

the only thing I noticed is the 1512 is only rated for 4s. If you go with a 1515 (2200kv)
It is 6s compatible.

I do not run 6s in any of my rigs anymore. But I have multiple 1515 motors and running them hard on 4s in the hot summer sun motor temps still can get hot

a longer motor can may be a safer route for motor health

This is the motor I would pick if the Castle 1515 2200kv is not available:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/171915336675?epid=1941794723&hash=item2806f3dbe3:g:38gAAOSwODZfD4ex

Basic long Truggy can, you will not be able to tell the difference with a brand motor besides the fact that it is not sensored. Simplicity has its advantages too.

With a 2000kv, you can easily go 17t or 18t on the pinion for more rotational mass and air control.

Good choice going for the bug! I'll have to get one too eventually, been eyeing it for a while.

Ok, so I did find the Castle 1515 2200kv and MMX on ebay I picked up and will pick up a Hobby Star for comparison. Thanks for the great input! I missed that the 1512 was not 6S compatible.

Also, purchased a 17T pinion to see how that works with the 2200kv motor.

Those Flite batteries from SMC are not hardcase. Especially in a basher truck, hard case is a much safer option.

im waiting on inventory to show up there too.

Hello Everyone,

My last build was the Tekno ET410.2. I enjoyed the build so much that when I decided to get back into RC sport, that I knew my first build would be the MT410. Here is my Tekno MT410 build:

ESC/Motor: Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC with the 1512-1800KV motor. I have used Castle in all my other builds and this combo was the only one, within budget, that was in stock

Servo: ProModeler DS930BLHV, These servos are hands down my favorite servo and the only one I use, made in the USA.

Tires: dBoot Backflip LP 4s, I noticed from a lot of other builds that these were a popular choice.

Body: ProLine VW Bug Baja body, The other builds I saw with this body looked sweet, so I am just copying those. ProLine is also a goto for me.

Tx/Rx: Fly Sky GT3B-2.4G, This one is a total wild card for me. I have never had any experience with FlySky products, so any input on this is much appreciated.

Batteries: SMC True Spec Graphene V2 Flight, 14.8V-4500mAH-40C, These were the only 4S they had in stock, so I am hoping that the word "Flight" wont matter.

Other: Tekno alum servo horn, 15T pinion, T-Bone mudguards, center brace, and skid plate.

Now I play the waiting game for parts and pieces. If you have any suggestions on parts, upgrades, or mods that you recommend then please let me know!
Hello,
Just my two cents. If You can swing the $20 more GT5 instead of the GT3 You will be So Much More happier. The 5 has way better steering and throttle response. The GT5 is the best bang for the Buck. Just my opinion.

I had not noticed the GT5 during my search, but since it is a better radio, I will opt for the GT5 instead. Thanks for the heads-up! I really should just spend the coin and get one radio to control multiple cars.

I will also look for a hard battery pack to replace my "Flight" packs. Any battery packs you would recommend until SMC is stocked again?

Recent Popular Liked

Back