• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

mt to et chassis swap . help me find a body please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i hope this is in the correct thread. i swapped my stock chassis to an m2c chassis. let me tell you this thing is fun now. much better control and handling. (insert learn to drive,throttle control,should have just bought an et from the start comments ) now i am having trouble finding a body that will fit and is durable. has anyone else travled this road and what mounts and body did you go with.

http://shop.leadfingerrc.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=et48

Leadfinger Racing is also releasing the "strife" body for the et very soon. I bought the Assissin recently and am happy with the purchase.

et48assissin.jpg

Here’s a few I have. Proline F650

Proline Jeep for Yeti 1/10
0DC55CD3-8190-4CA4-A0E1-1B0E9E2D16DE.jpeg

Losi XXL

@Timzzer @Chainsaw10

How do the Truck bodies hold up while bashing around? I was tempted to order a MT body but wasnt sure how to mount the rear, or how much of a beating it could take.

well i ripped it on the second wheelie because it scratched the ground but i glued it back arround the body post and putted the spoiler back and it's all good now. It just don't have the MT look anymore but i don't care, i have an MT410 for that.
My truck is a pure ET48.3 with stock body posts not an extended MT

Proline Ford raptor

That's for the short wheelbase MT chassis though, you can see how far back the front fender is.. looks ok from that angle but take it from the side and you can really see how it doesn't fit the longer wheelbase well. Mounts OK though so i guess if it works for you it's all good.

It's hard to find truggy length wheelbase monster truck bodies. a few i can think of that I used to run on my old RC8Te truggy.
Savage XL bodies (still a few out there available)
Team Associated Rival (wheelbase is perfect but they are flimsy and shred very quickly
Team Associated SC8 - this is a short course body that's truggy length, wheelbase is perfect but it's wider and will rub tires so work needs to be done there, it's also thicker lexan and holds up better but it's also heavy.

The Pro-Line Slipstream was a good fit. Unfortunately discontinued but if you can find one it's an option. Looks good with a wing too:)

@Timzzer @Chainsaw10

How do the Truck bodies hold up while bashing around? I was tempted to order a MT body but wasnt sure how to mount the rear, or how much of a beating it could take.
Out of the 3 bodies I have I’ve run the f650 the most, by far. It’s reinforced, and quite thick lexan to begin with.... its held up very well. I have a T-bone front bumper on the rear for protection
967FCA3F-5845-4256-A966-22436E9D45CD.jpeg

That's for the short wheelbase MT chassis though, you can see how far back the front fender is.. looks ok from that angle but take it from the side and you can really see how it doesn't fit the longer wheelbase well. Mounts OK though so i guess if it works for you it's all good.

It's hard to find truggy length wheelbase monster truck bodies. a few i can think of that I used to run on my old RC8Te truggy.
Savage XL bodies (still a few out there available)
Team Associated Rival (wheelbase is perfect but they are flimsy and shred very quickly
Team Associated SC8 - this is a short course body that's truggy length, wheelbase is perfect but it's wider and will rub tires so work needs to be done there, it's also thicker lexan and holds up better but it's also heavy.
the savage xl is made by a rc maniacs in Russia. its labeled indestructible. im going to check it out.

the savage xl is made by a rc maniacs in Russia. its labeled indestructible. im going to check it out.

I've seen those online, I love the idea, but dislike the single color and they also apparently are shrunken slightly from the stock dimensions. If you get one, post up some pics, we'd love to see it and curious how well it fits.
Another possibility is always mounting up DB8 caged body... I would love to try that.

I've seen those online, I love the idea, but dislike the single color and they also apparently are shrunken slightly from the stock dimensions. If you get one, post up some pics, we'd love to see it and curious how well it fits.
Another possibility is always mounting up DB8 caged body... I would love to try that.
funny you say such a thing. i got some aluminum flat stock and the cage got here yesterday. waiting on some body mounts and the fabrication begins!

i agree about the solid color. i had no idea about the size difference. both guys are pretty cool and have shared a lot.

Recent Popular Liked

Back