• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Motor Fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman2733

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I finally finished up my first Tekno build. Have to say this was my first complete build from scratch and I really did enjoy it. I had a few questions this RC will be for racing/bashing, so I went with a Tekin 4038 2000kv motor and I am noticing it is hitting the front brace. Is this something normal? I haven't been able to find any information on this, I am running a 15th Pinion and the option 44tooth spur steel gear. To get the gear mesh close the motor is sitting right on the plastic front brace, which doesn't seem right to me. I am wondering if I am needing to go bigger on the pinion.

I really was impressed by the instruction quality and also the parts. Instructions covered everything extremely well

Last edited:
Do you mean a Tekin motor? I’m assuming the new gen 3 motors? Those are really nice! The 15t pinion is the smallest you will be able to fit before having to grind out the mount. With that said, yes you might run into that issue. Though I don’t remember having that problem with the stock spur gear.

got any pics of where the motor is hitting the brace?

that is definitely not normal... nor is a 4038 size can... typical truggy motors are around 4274 cans... can you link to the motor you have?

Do you mean a Tekin motor? I’m assuming the new gen 3 motors? Those are really nice! The 15t pinion is the smallest you will be able to fit before having to grind out the mount. With that said, yes you might run into that issue. Though I don’t remember having that problem with the stock spur gear.

Yea Tekin LoL sorry third shift has been kicking my butt lately hahaha. It is the new Gen3 motor, I appreciate your response I wasn’t for sure when I ordered pinions what size people run on these truggys. thank you again for your response I had tried to search the forum and couldn’t find the answer or about what common pinions sizes were unless I completely missed them. Which is possible.

got any pics of where the motor is hitting the brace?

that is definitely not normal... nor is a 4038 size can... typical truggy motors are around 4274 cans... can you link to the motor you have?
Hello it is the Tekin gen 3 system. https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekin-...less-esc-motor-combo-2000kv-tektt2336/p776482

It is a super common setup for racing

I have that in my mt410 without issues using 15t. Also had the t8 gen2 2250kv truggy no issues. Picture would help...something does not seem right...

I should also note that although I started with 15t I went up to 17t. As counterintuitive as it sounds, the 15t was too small of a pinion and actually causing the motor to over-rev and generate heat. I am using 3.8 proline bandlands and 4s for backyard bashing. Lastly I'm not running the stock center front brace any more (using m2c aluminum on their chassis) so guess I can't compare apples to apples with your et48 for the motor fitment with 15t.

I have that in my mt410 without issues using 15t. Also had the t8 gen2 2250kv truggy no issues. Picture would help...something does not seem right...

Thank you for the response, I am not sure how similar the two layouts are between the two platforms I am new to the Tekno Brand. With my motor it is hitting the slight bend in the front brace that goes around the front drive shaft. I had someone on reddit tell me this is common when running 15t pinion but I am not 100%. I have gone over it a few times making sure I didn’t miss something. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow to see if anyone can spot anything I have missed. How do you like that M2C front brace?

I like the m2c front brace. It is actually included with a new wide chassis m2c released for the mt410 and one released for et48.3. I actually run the longer et48.3 version so technically it is an mt410 "extended" or mt48 however you want to call it

You could carefully Dremel the composite brace a mm or so to make that mesh work.

I like the m2c front brace. It is actually included with a new wide chassis m2c released for the mt410 and one released for et48.3. I actually run the longer et48.3 version so technically it is an mt410 "extended" or mt48 however you want to call it

Ahhh..... I was looking at getting the front brace I guess I will. It looks like it is thinner in the area that is hitting my motor. Thank you again for your response. This RC is adding up quickly to be more expensive than my 1/5th scales lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back