• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Max8 2200kv fine to start out with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coz_mo

Reaction score
Starting a basher build with a ET48.3 roller I picked up. Already ordered the arrma backflip lp's and a few little m2c goodies.

Will be ordering 2x 4s and 1x 6s batteries from SMC, so would be mainly a 4s truck for now with occasional 6s.

Only thing holding me back is, I've been reading that some people say 2200kv is a little too high, limits gearing options, and can possibly overheat.

Maybe would be better to start out with a 1900-2000kv motor?

Thanks in advance.

Starting a basher build with a ET48.3 roller I picked up. Already ordered the arrma backflip lp's and a few little m2c goodies.

Will be ordering 2x 4s and 1x 6s batteries from SMC, so would be mainly a 4s truck for now with occasional 6s.

Only thing holding me back is, I've been reading that some people say 2200kv is a little too high, limits gearing options, and can possibly overheat.

Maybe would be better to start out with a 1900-2000kv motor?

Thanks in advance.
My ET 48.3 has a 2200kv and 15T gearing

it will get hot on 6s even with a fan. And the thing is stupid fast. If you are running hard things will start to brake. Mostly when them trees jump out in front of you 🤪

I personally fun 4s most of the time. It handles great and has good power. The rig just does not get so beat up in my opinion

Ive ordered a 2250kv motor and will be using a 16T pinion.
Will only be running 4s......

Recent Popular Liked

Back