• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Max 8 or mamba 1515 powerplant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abrocuglio11

Reaction score
Hello guys I'm getting ready to order my build however I'm hung up on the motor/ESC combo to go with. My LC racing emb-t has a hobbywing combo and I love it however the mamba 1515 seems like a good choice. Also I really want to be able to run 6s without overheating issues in the Florida heat. I'd appreciate any input from you guys!

Overpowered usually resonates well with Castle, but HW works great too.

Not overheating on 6s in Florida is going to work if you seriously tam down the motor by picking a kv rating of no more than 1500 to 1700kv.

You could also consider going longer motor 4082 or 4092 if you have the appetite to relocate the ESC.

You could go with a Hobbystar motor for better kv selection and there only $55 and esc of choice Hobbywing or Castle. Personally I like Hobbywing easy to program and reliable. Look at RCJuice.com for motors lot of different choices.

I've run lots of different Hobbywing and Castle systems, I do really like some of the aspects of the Castle systems. They do require computer programming to get the best out of them. The Hobbywing stuff is great for simplicity and the Max series of esc's is really nice, they have enough programming features to make them feel like you're not missing out and they have loads of power when matched to a good motor. Either way you're going to be happy with the performance. I just swapped out a Castle system for a Hobbywing system in my ET48 2.0 and I'm really happy with the initial testing run I did. The Castle mmx8s1520 combo will go into a basher build of the ET48 2.0 if I choose to get another kit. For now the xr8 plus with the 4274sd is going to be my race set-up.

I had the monster x 2200kv motor in my mt410. It worked fine but overheated after about 10 to 15 min of hard bashing. this combo maybe good for racing but not for bashing. Am in Los Angeles and it over heated all the time. put in a monster 8xs with a 1520/1650kv motor (btw I only run 4S) and now I can run until the battery runs out no matter what temperature it is. that's my experience and I don't wait for the motor to cool down and I drive full throttle . . . castle 1515 motor is under powered for a 10 pound basher not matter what they say.

Recent Popular Liked

Back