• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mamba X vs Mamba monster X on a tekno mt410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbulsara

Reaction score
HI all,
Could you run a mamba X on the tekno mt410? or do you necessarily need a Mamba monster x?

I have 2 mamba X and 1 mamba monster X

Use the big boy and you will never have a power concern I run it in a 15lbs Traxxas summit with no issues

I do think the little brother will run a mt410. but at the higher end of its limit. With the larger tires and running the basher king the way it’s meant to be ran it would have a short life in my opinion

Your not going to be racing with it so weight is not a issue. So I would rather have more more power available and not use it then the other way around

I have 2 mamba X and 1 mamba monster X

Use the big boy and you will never have a power concern I run it in a 15lbs Traxxas summit with no issues

I do think the little brother will run a mt410. but at the higher end of its limit. With the larger tires and running the basher king the way it’s meant to be ran it would have a short life in my opinion

Your not going to be racing with it so weight is not a issue. So I would rather have more more power available and not use it then the other way around
Thanks, I will either get the mamba monster X or the Max 8 esc then.

Just to clarify by big boy I was referring to the monster X

I don’t think the max8 is necessary on that platform.

Just to clarify by big boy I was referring to the monster X

I don’t think the max8 is necessary on that platform.
Yeah i got that part :) . So you think the MAX8 esc is too much? Would you go for a max10sct then? What other, more affordable, escs would you suggest for the mt410?

Sorry sorry when I read max8 I was thinking the castle creation 8s ESC.

Yes a hobby wing max8 would also be a good choice.

I run both Mamba Monster X and Mamba X in buggies. With the smaller buggy tires, I actually like the Mamba X (smaller one) better. Never had any heat issue and running strong for close to 3 years already.

It is almost like this saying applies to RC too: “it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow”.

With the MT410, I would go MMX... but am pretty sure both would work.

Similarly, I like the HW XeRun xr8 SCT (140A) a lot. Whereas the other 1/8 ESC from HW have never impressed me.

Conclusion, you could live with either one. Large tires can justify the larger ESC. Agree with @MAVERICK , 8s ESC not needed.

Depends on your weight. I got an MT410 with trencher tires. Enormous and weights 11.4 pounds with all of mitch's braces. I was going to go with a Mamba X and someone here pointed out (correctly) that the mamba x is recommended for up to 10 pounds and the mamba monster x up to a 15 pounds. I got the mamba monster x and very happy more power on 4S than I need and I LOVE IT!!!! I think the mamba x may be pushing it too hard and over heat.

Recent Popular Liked

Back