• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

M2c or tekno brand for differentials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReMiXeDg

Reaction score
Howdy there, looks like I landed on the rear end with throttle and ended up blowing my rear differential. I want to get aluminum cases for front rear and center , what brand would you go or have gone with for your set up?

I'm leaning towards m2c over tekno just keep second guessing it and rather get some input for you tekno guys

As I recall, the Tekno cases are steel, whereas the M2C cases are aluminum.

I have the M2C cases installed, but really can't comment on their performance and/or longevity. Haven't really run the truck very much.

M2C makes great stuff but Tekno parts generally have better form, fit and function and are held to higher quality control standards from what I’ve seen.

The M2C cups are most likely a little lighter in weight being that they are aluminum, however the hardened steel Tekno cups should be stronger, more wear resistant, and are likely held to tighter machining tolerances. All that said, I would personally go with Tekno in this instance.

Last edited:
The screw holes in the m2c cup are in contact with the diff fluid, which means that if you loctite them you’ll contaminate the diff fluid. That in itself is a no go for me. Not sure why they did that, it hurts my logic.

I guess I will be sticking with tekno steel diffs thanks much appreciated

I installed a M2C center diff after my stock center diff was makes some noise have had no problems since. If I have problems with the stock front and rear diffs then I will go with M2C as well. About the same price as the Tekno Steel diffs. Not sure about the front and rear but the M2C center cup is bigger and holds much more fluid because the walls are thinner then the stock diff. Also the outside has heat sink fins which is a nice touch. I would assume the Tekno steel one will run hotter the stock and aluminum diffs for sure.

The Tekno steel diff cup also has higher fluid capacity than the stock diff cup, and so I would assume the heat difference between the Tekno Steel and M2C cups would be negligible, if anything. The Tekno steel cups are designed for 6s use, per Tekno. I’m confident they will perform as advertised.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back