• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

M2C basher chassis or stock chassis with a M2C brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Reaction score
So I have a basher 4mm chassis from M2C and it’s great and all. But I’m wondering about going back to stock chassis. I like the race truck handling as I run AKA long wear truggy tires for that reason at all times, but I did bend a center shaft and decided to get the basher chassis a try. I’ve got the top steering plate and rear brace as well. I don’t jump high but the jumps are usually over a good horizontal distance to landing and that includes at our large outdoor track. Should I return it to stock and drive to see the difference in handling? Does anyone have experience with the basher chassis? Has anyone weighed it? Is it significantly heavier? These might be things I need to look into.

Would love to hear about the results of your experimentations. I never pulled the trigger on the wide chassis myself so can’t comment. I do however care about how my trucks drive and see where you are coming from.

Did you try the wide M2C chassis with no chassis braces? I would start there.

So I have a basher 4mm chassis from M2C and it’s great and all. But I’m wondering about going back to stock chassis. I like the race truck handling as I run AKA long wear truggy tires for that reason at all times, but I did bend a center shaft and decided to get the basher chassis a try. I’ve got the top steering plate and rear brace as well. I don’t jump high but the jumps are usually over a good horizontal distance to landing and that includes at our large outdoor track. Should I return it to stock and drive to see the difference in handling? Does anyone have experience with the basher chassis? Has anyone weighed it? Is it significantly heavier? These might be things I need to look into.
Question. Why did you do with the wide body in the first place? I have an Mt 410 with the wide body. The reason I went that way was so I could put a bigger motor in it. Are you running a large can? If not, I would consider trying stock chassis. The ET48 braces are pretty simple to change out. Once back to stock, you could experiment with that and see what works best.

Hey guys I returned to stock chassis it does seem a little lighter. It definitely is less material. I’m going to test it stock chassis with M2C rear brace and front steering brace plate. I think you may be confusing the wide chassis for the old et48.3 or mt410. M2C makes a basher specific chassis now for the ET48 2.0. The dimensions are all the same as the stock chassis but it’s 4mm thick 7075. I think I may keep it stashed away as a spare if I ever do bend the stock. I’m going to weight it soon here and compare to stock. I’ll post the results. Next week when I have s9me time off I’ll drive the truck on stock chassis again and see how it handles compared to the M2C variant.

Okay, rather than start another thread, this is right down the alley i'm curious about:

I'm looking into potentially extending my MT410 with an ET48 chassis. But I have the same question as here and trying to draw some conclusions from the few responses so far. It seems the M2C chassis (6595) is more durable than stock overall? I don't race, just bash, so i'm more interested in durability over the finesse in handling. Basically wondering if the stock M2C chassis would be sufficient for medium bashing. Any other comments or experience? Seems like for bashing M2c would be the clear winner. Recommendation on which braces?

The stock chassis is still available for around $80 to 90. M2C for around $100.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back