• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Loving new suspension setup - yellow springs, smaller front sway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetsuo

Reaction score
Just wanted to share for general bashing (able to take on the road, into grass, or off decent-sized jumps) I made small adjustments from factory and couldn't be happier. Instead of a "I want to take this off the highest jumps possible" suspension tune, the idea with these changes was to preserve the overall feel of the stock suspension setup in terms of being plush and skimming over bumps without getting unsettled (love the way it kind of rides along the top of rough terrain) but to reduce the front/rear weight transfer a bit. So going up a bit on springs and damping, but mitigating the corresponding understeer by softening the front sway.

Front/Rear yellow springs
Front 825cst oil
Rear 750cstoil
Front sway reduced to 2.4mm
Rear sway still at 2.8mm
edit: F/C/R diff weights at 100k/200k/50k cst

yes, it's a little more tail-happy on loose terrain and I could see dropping the rear sway down to 2.6mm, but overall it feels just as plush as it did before but turns in better. It's also a hoot to put on the minikawas (hugely underrated tire IMO. sometimes less grip == more fun) to get even more on-throttle rotation/oversteer on higer-grip surfaces.

Last edited:
Love to see a setup sheet for MT410! (y)

Are you stock box on diff fluids?
Good catch! I forgot to include that. I'm at stock (100k/50k) on F/R diff fluids, but I did go up to 200k cst on the center.

Just wanted to share for general bashing (able to take on the road, into grass, or off decent-sized jumps) I made small adjustments from factory and couldn't be happier. Instead of a "I want to take this off the highest jumps possible" suspension tune, the idea with these changes was to preserve the overall feel of the stock suspension setup in terms of being plush and skimming over bumps without getting unsettled (love the way it kind of rides along the top of rough terrain) but to reduce the front/rear weight transfer a bit. So going up a bit on springs and damping, but mitigating the corresponding understeer by softening the front sway.

Front/Rear yellow springs
Front 825cst oil
Rear 750cstoil
Front sway reduced to 2.4mm
Rear sway still at 2.8mm
edit: F/C/R diff weights at 100k/200k/50k cst

yes, it's a little more tail-happy on loose terrain and I could see dropping the rear sway down to 2.6mm, but overall it feels just as plush as it did before but turns in better. It's also a hoot to put on the minikawas (hugely underrated tire IMO. sometimes less grip == more fun) to get even more on-throttle rotation/oversteer on higer-grip surfaces.
Hello, find the setup put together very interesting, so I would be very interested in what tires are driven with and how the weight of the MT410 is !

Thanks & greetings

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back