• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Looking for recommendations on Roar compliant ESC and Motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedtailGT

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am considering getting a techno vehicle for the first time ever. I am really excited about it, and just wanted some recommendations on a good ESC and motor combo that works for the EB48 2.0 or the ET, and is within the approved list of electronics for roar racing. Since I am considering on racing competitively for fun, I just wanna make sure I’m not buying twice. Thank you guys so much for any advice in advance. I’ve been away for a long time and so much has changed.

I don't know if it's ROAR approved or not, but like a lot of people in these forums, I run the Hobbywing Max8 combo. It was a system I had in another 1/8th truck that I've since retired. It's a 150a ESC an a 4274 2200kV sensorless motor.

I am currently running a 15T mod 1 pinion, but am playing with 16 an 17T as well. Ambient temps in my part of earth is around 65-70F, an I've yet to have overheating issues.

Like I said, not sure if this is what you're looking for, but thought I'd put it out there as no one else has said anything as of yet.

Good Luck!

Recent Popular Liked

Back