• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Looking for new springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Hi there all,

After owning and driving an Arrma Typhon out on the track I decided to step it up and bought a second-hand EB48.3. This beast already gave my lap times a quick boost over the Typhon and it's doing great. However it's a little jumpy, my guess is that I need softer and longer springs. Does anyone know on what to look for? I could just go ahead and buy some but I'd guess it'd be cheaper and better to have the right ones right away.

Thanks in advance!

What springs are you running right now? Also what shock oils are you running? Laying your shocks down and thinner shock oil will also help you achieve a less springy jump.

Last edited:
What springs are you running right now? Also what shock oils are you running? Laying your shocks down and thinner shock oil will also help you achieve a less springy jump.
Honestly, and this may be a stupid answer, I have no idea. As I said I've bought it second-hand and I thought of just trying it out first haha.
I've been thinking about getting a set of springs from the newer eb48.4 as they seem to be softer and a bit longer, and work my way around from that.
I may put 400-500 shock oil from Hudy, but I'm not sure yet.

If it were me I’d put black on the front and orange on the rear for springs. 550 front and 450 rear for shock oils. Would be a good starting point. A lot of it depend on the surface you are or will be racing on. Hope this helps! There are many setup sheets available out there as well that you can match your track conditions to.

knowing what you are running currently will help aid which direction you need to go to get the desired result.

Tear your shocks apart and find out what pistons you are running as well.

What kind of track surface are you running this on?

knowing what you are running currently will help aid which direction you need to go to get the desired result.

Tear your shocks apart and find out what pistons you are running as well.

What kind of track surface are you running this on?
Will pull them apart tomorrow and atleast try Joe's option so I'll have something to begin with.

Track is astro turf, outdoors.

Thank you both!

As others have said, the condition of the track as far as bumps and jump sizes, and the shock pistons you currently have will matter greatly in the direction you go for you suspension setup. On my EB48.4 setup for a super bumpy and rutted track that is really hard pack dirt im running black front low frequency and orange rear low frequency Tekno springs, with 525 front oil and 450 rear oil. Im using VRP 6 x 1.4 pistons that have 2 additional holes for rebound only that ive drilled out to 1.8. These seem to work good for me as i was having problems just keeping the car shiny side up on the front straight because its so blown out and filled with holes. I still cant go anywhere near full throttle, but this setup works a bit better than any of the 4 or 5 different Tekno pistons ive tried.

You need to find out if your car is "bouncy" because the oil is too light for the springs, or if the car is bottoming out too much or the springs that are on it cpuld just be too stiff. I would just go back to either the base stock setup, or find a setup on Tekno's web site that matches the conditions of your track and then tune from their. It should at least get you close. The one thing ive noticed about all of my Tekno rigs compared to my Losi or Associated is they are much more "twitchy" on the track, meaning that small steering inputs have a lot more effect and it took me a while to start turning faster lap times with the new cars. The buggy and SCT especially. My ET48.3 was miles better from the first run...

Recent Popular Liked

Back