• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Looking for EB410.1 base setup help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMcThornbody

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice, regarding getting a good baseline for setup. The conditions I mostly race in is outdoor, fairly loose dirt. It's pretty much an 8th scale track, so it's not nearly as smooth as clay is. It's only really bad in some areas. (for example, there was a corner at the last big race that by the end of the day, it was pretty rough for the 1/10 4wd and the short course trucks. The 8th scales had rutted it out a bit at the start of the fast straight so keeping contact was tricky). Goosebumps seems to be the tire of choice for the wheelers, so that's what I have. It's open motor, so we're all running low turn stuff (I'm on a 6.5 turn, but have the punch turned down. Probably not enough, yet)

I'd assumed the out of the box was a clay setup, so I went with http://site.petitrc.com/setup/tekno/setupeb410/EB410_BrianJames_Rome20180610/ as a base line, but I think that may have been a mistake. I didn't fuss with it too much, since I only had a few races before the end of the season, but it's time to break down and clean up, so figured I'd start with something else. My general struggle was that on any sort of power the back end was all over the place. I've got pretty decent throttle control, but it didn't seem to matter. If I was trying to steer and accelerate at all, it was wild. The guys at the track helped me get it somewhat under control, but we never quite got it handled.

I'm hoping someone knows a setup sheet for a neutral handling buggy in loose dirt setting. If the box setup fits that detail, then great, when I rebuild, I'll go back to stock. It seems to be a bit harder to find, since there's half a million indoor clay tracks out there, but not as much outdoor stuff running 1/10 anymore.

Thanks for the help. Did you feel that your setup was pretty neutral? I guess part of the reason I'm looking for neutral is I'm honestly pretty bad at set up. (Before this, I ran monster truck and stock 2wd slash, back when that was a thing). So I'm hoping a neutral set up will help me figure out if I need more or less of something or the other. Luckily the guys at the track are great (one dude is sponsored by Tekno) at helping me figure out what to do to the buggy, once I figure out what feels off to me driving it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back