• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Looking for advice on a build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ology

Reaction score
So wanted some advice, I have an older e-revo first edition with the castle edition motor is the 2200, but would tear through rear differentials after a few runs. So was going to do a e-revo2.0 roller and move my electronics over, and in the Traxxas forum surprising there was a guy that recommended the Tekno brand, if he had to do it over. So some of the questions sorry I have sorry if they sound dumb but would I be able to move over my castle motor, esc, and receiver over to this car, by the way the model I was looking at is the 1/10 MT410.3 guessing that would be close to the e-revo, if so do you need any special motor mounts? On the e-revo there is a transmission looks like there is no transmission on the MT410.3 looks like just a center differential, not sure if this is and advantage or not. I also am running 6s for the batteries is that to powerful. Just seeing pictures online of the MT410.3 are they a lot stronger then the e-revo, look like a lot less parts, I'm not a hard core baser but like to do jumps, wheelies, and mainly would be off road driving, but looking for stronger built truck.

The MT410 is definitely a good alternative to the e-revo. Which by the way is a design and platform that has never convinced heavy bashers.

Traxxas themselves have decided to go another route with the Maxx for which they built a full plastic Xmaxx like chassis.

So to your points:
  1. I wouldn’t invest in an e-revo build either
  2. It is hard to not like the MT410
  3. You will be able to use your electronics in the tekno
  4. 6s is a LOT of battery for the MT410. I’m more of a bash-racer myself and like the control I get on 4s

So wanted some advice, I have an older e-revo first edition with the castle edition motor is the 2200, but would tear through rear differentials after a few runs. So was going to do a e-revo2.0 roller and move my electronics over, and in the Traxxas forum surprising there was a guy that recommended the Tekno brand, if he had to do it over. So some of the questions sorry I have sorry if they sound dumb but would I be able to move over my castle motor, esc, and receiver over to this car, by the way the model I was looking at is the 1/10 MT410.3 guessing that would be close to the e-revo, if so do you need any special motor mounts? On the e-revo there is a transmission looks like there is no transmission on the MT410.3 looks like just a center differential, not sure if this is and advantage or not. I also am running 6s for the batteries is that to powerful. Just seeing pictures online of the MT410.3 are they a lot stronger then the e-revo, look like a lot less parts, I'm not a hard core baser but like to do jumps, wheelies, and mainly would be off road driving, but looking for stronger built truck.

I have a first gen e-revo and summit both heavily upgraded and they are a lot of fun

but after finding out about Tekno there is no turning back. They are night and day in the build quality

i do not have a Mt 410 only EB and ET 48 But the MT is a bash king. And it would work fine with your electronics

a option you have now that the et48 2.0 is out is to pick up a used eb48.3 it’s very similar to the revo it can be a basher or racer. It may save you a couple $$

I have an mt410 with the cc mamba monster x and the 1515/2200kv motor. It has plenty of power but it overheats when ambient is above 68 degrees. I put the cc fan on it and that helped but still it overheats. I got the motor temp cutoff at 180 with a stock spur and 14T pinion running with dboots backflips. When chilly out it's fine and yes, I bash hard. BTW I only run 4S on the mt410. I got an et48 2.0 on order and am thinking of putting the castle esc and motor from the mt410 into the et48 and getting a mamba monster x 8S with the 1520 motor for the mt410. The overheating is getting boring. I read somone else installed the 1520 here the esc was relocated to make room for the longer can. haven't ordered the 1520 yet, not sure . . .

I have an mt410 with the cc mamba monster x and the 1515/2200kv motor. It has plenty of power but it overheats when ambient is above 68 degrees. I put the cc fan on it and that helped but still it overheats. I got the motor temp cutoff at 180 with a stock spur and 14T pinion running with dboots backflips. When chilly out it's fine and yes, I bash hard. BTW I only run 4S on the mt410. I got an et48 2.0 on order and am thinking of putting the castle esc and motor from the mt410 into the et48 and getting a mamba monster x 8S with the 1520 motor for the mt410. The overheating is getting boring. I read somone else installed the 1520 here the esc was relocated to make room for the longer can. haven't ordered the 1520 yet, not sure . . .
So my et48.3 has a cc mamba monster x and a 1515 2200kv set up with 15t pinion. It is mostly a track rig but there are times I will swap some big tires on it and bash. And I have had no overheating issues

the larger motor and ESC set up would work great for u. The only down side is the $$$$$$$

You can get a cheap 4082 or 4092 motor from Hobbystar on ebay and try things out. The MMX will have more than enough juice to run such a motor on 4s or 6s. I would pick a 4082 with no more than 2000kv rating. This shouldn’t change much performance wise but significantly drop your temps.

The 6s backflips are very tall tires (172mm) and should be accounted for in your gearing. Bashing in grass is also a reason for overheating. I personally run the CC 2200kv motor with 18t pinion for good air control and have no problem. But to your point do not bash hard.

Regarding the ET48, if you plan on racing it, I would get a more refined ESC than the MMX.

Ive had a Slash that I heavily upgraded.
Ive had a X-Maxx.
Ive had a TRX-4.
Ive had a Maxx.

I then moved to Tekno, with the EB48 and EB410, and most recently the ET48.
Honestly I wouldn't look back to Traxxas again. They do a great job don't get me wrong. Their trucks are easy to work on and are well laid out - great for those who just want to get out and bash without too much tinkering etc. But there's just something in building your own unit from a bunch of parts and knowing it inside out that got me!

https://www.youtube.com/user/iftibashir/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=6

In your shoes I'd be looking at the MT410, or even the ET48.....

You can get a cheap 4082 or 4092 motor from Hobbystar on ebay and try things out. The MMX will have more than enough juice to run such a motor on 4s or 6s. I would pick a 4082 with no more than 2000kv rating. This shouldn’t change much performance wise but significantly drop your temps.

The 6s backflips are very tall tires (172mm) and should be accounted for in your gearing. Bashing in grass is also a reason for overheating. I personally run the CC 2200kv motor with 18t pinion for good air control and have no problem. But to your point do not bash hard.

Regarding the ET48, if you plan on racing it, I would get a more refined ESC than the MMX.
The MMX 6s isn't too safe of a choice for 4092 motors. It runs on the hotter side. I have a better fan on mine running all of the time and with 70F ambient temps I can get the ESC up to 190F for brief periods. I do run large tires and lower gearing ratios but even with smaller tires I can still get the ESC pretty hot. This is doing hard 200+ amp pulls continuously.

Recent Popular Liked

Back