• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Learning Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srichter

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to the Lipo/Ni-MH battery rc cars. I got my son an axial scx24 for his first rc and I am looking to get him another battery but would like to get him something that can get him some longer run times. The battery that comes with the box is a 7.4v ( so 2 series correct?) 350mah 30c Lipo. Now how would I figure out the run time of this battery (hes a 4 year old boy who is going to be on the throttle 100% of the time which is why I got him something slow)?

what would be an appropriate replacement battery/spare battery?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to the Lipo/Ni-MH battery rc cars. I got my son an axial scx24 for his first rc and I am looking to get him another battery but would like to get him something that can get him some longer run times. The battery that comes with the box is a 7.4v ( so 2 series correct?) 350mah 30c Lipo. Now how would I figure out the run time of this battery (hes a 4 year old boy who is going to be on the throttle 100% of the time which is why I got him something slow)?

what would be an appropriate replacement battery/spare battery?

Thanks!
Have you already run the car? That's really the only way to gauge runtime, drive it for a few packs and average out the time it took to drain the battery. Some people can get close to twice the runtime as other people simply based on the way they drive.

Have you already run the car? That's really the only way to gauge runtime, drive it for a few packs and average out the time it took to drain the battery. Some people can get close to twice the runtime as other people simply based on the way they drive.
The car hasn't been run yet. thanks for the input!

The car hasn't been run yet. thanks for the input!
So if all you want is longer run time you need the mah # higher. That is how you gauge the run time. So just get something larger than the stock 350mah. stay with a 2S (7.4v) and around that 30c discharge rate

size will be a issue for you due the very small size of the truck so pay close attention to the dimensions of the battery

but from what I have read run time is not a big issue on the scx24.

So if all you want is longer run time you need the mah # higher. That is how you gauge the run time. So just get something larger than the stock 350mah. stay with a 2S (7.4v) and around that 30c discharge rate

size will be a issue for you due the very small size of the truck so pay close attention to the dimensions of the battery

but from what I have read run time is not a big issue on the scx24.
Any idea where I can find specs on dimensions of the battery?

Any idea where I can find specs on dimensions of the battery?
When buying the battery dimensions will be listed. And for the battery in your truck gust measure it with a tape measure due to axial does not list it on the site

Recent Popular Liked

Back