• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Leaking Shock...Caps??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyd

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hello Tekno Fans,

I am having trouble building emulsion shocks on my SCT. (I am upgrading to the aluminum shock caps... emulsion build.)
After bleeding the oil and installing the vent screw/o-ring, I emulsify the oil. Then after emulsifying I remove the vent screw/ring and bleed the shocks one last time before re-installing the vent screw/ring. One shock is dead but the other three have varying amounts of rebound (on my second round now). The shock action is not smooth when I work them and I notice oil being pushed out and sucked back in the bleeder hole on the side of cap or oozing out the hole a bit altogether if I really compress the shaft.
I am using the o-ring installed inside the shock cap AND the thin o-ring on shock body (sits between body and bottom of cap). All o-rings are new other than being taken apart to inspect. This leads me to think I am not getting a good seal with the o-ring inside the shock cap because I am not seating it right and or the smaller o-ring is not allowing the cap to seal properly. (So while working the shock I am pulling air in and creating rebound?). Any ideas, suggestions and tips would be appreciated.

Also read a post where it's mentioned as unnecessary to bleed or emulsify the shocks a second time. Any thoughts on that?

Best...Loyd

I'm not sure I follow your o-ring lay out. For emulsion you should have one inside the cap, nothing on the shock body between the cap. This is probably doing what you assumed and not letting the cap go on completely.

After bleeding the first time if there is a little rebound and you want to try removing it extend the shaft, remove the bleeder and repeat. You might get a little more fluid out the second time.

I had that same issue recently while building a MT410. Upon removing the cap I noticed the O-ring actually slipped a bit. I then made sure to seat it really welland try again and it worked fine. Use an Allen key or something small to make sure they are seated well. I also use a bit of green slime on all the o-rings

Also, make sure not to over-tighten the shock caps or that ring will move to the side and cause your leaking problem.

I agree on not to overtighten cap it'll spit the oring out. Also if ur getting rebound after bleeding I've just opened cap up & used a paper towel to just wick out a small amount of fluid then re-bleed

Be sure to oil the o ring.

I take it back... I just got my MT410 out today and the front right shock shot oil from the bleeder hole on the side of the cap all over the inside of my chassis... it got down into my esc. I had to take the side of the truck apart to get the oil out.

Recent Popular Liked

Back