• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Kit Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stankfinger76

Reaction score
I’m curious what else I’ll need besides the obvious stuff when the kit arrives. Will I need the nuts to hold the wheels on? I know about the pinion gear, any other gears though? Little stuff like that. Thank you for your time.

It comes with wheel nuts. The composite spur gear it comes with is very durable. However, if you're driving on rocky terrain, I would get the steel spur.

I just completed this build, and the only surprise for me was the pinion gear. Body, wheels, ESC, motor, servo, pinion gear, servo arm, aluminum shock caps (wish I'd have gotten the metal shock piston blanks as well, getting the plastic ones smooth enough to move freely was a pain in the neck), radio system, and batteries.

I'd say get a bottle of the orange (3x strength) threadlock for the set screws on the indrives, I've had mine come loose twice with normal threadlock and I have orange threadlock drying on mine as we speak, hopefully it'll hold better.

I also found the body mount system to be a frustration, particularly with the Raptor body where the rear body mounts are on a kind of corrugated surface that reduces the available space to get the clips in. I've ordered the Pro-Line body mount thumb-washer kit, with the plan to just drill holes in the stock body mount towers and put the mounting screws in: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...bEyTUbdcW8E7GeS2kgsCplnc44t5Xm_kaAnftEALw_wcB

This was a fun build, now I'm looking for an excuse to do another :-D

Recent Popular Liked

Back