• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Introducing my MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkpuppet

Reaction score
Thought I'd stop in and introduce my MT410...

20220709_161938.jpg

M2C Chasis
AGFC High Torque programmable servo (relocated)
HobbyWing Max 6 with 4985 motor
6s lipo
Pro-line badlands belted tires
Kraton rear springs
Yellow front springs

Beetle body painted with PS-46 backed by black with silver engine and ps-31 shadow windows.

20220709_162828.jpg

20220709_162046.jpg
20220709_162008.jpg
20220709_161959.jpg

And finally, a video of it's first run...

Thanks for letting me share!

I’m loving the color changing paint.
Nice rig !

Damn that's a beautiful truck. The paint and window tint are awesome.
Are those M2c shock towers? I love the body mount layout you used. The stock body mounts are the worst.

That is really awesome looking!!!

Damn that's a beautiful truck. The paint and window tint are awesome.
Are those M2c shock towers? I love the body mount layout you used. The stock body mounts are the worst.
Yes, M2c shock towers -- they use the arrma posts, and I thought it would be a bit too narrow, but seems to hold fine.

At the height the body is at, where it actually drops to the chasis dust guard, the bug body does rest on the shock tower/shock caps under some circumstances. A little electrical tape underneath the front protects the body from rubs.

Of course, 2nd run saw the servo rip the plastic tekno servo horn to shreds, so the body isn't so pristine anymore. No matter how carefully considered, there's always going to be something that gets missed and costs me money :S.

Will see how things go with the aluminum servo horn.

Great looking rig. You've got me considering the Beetle body for my next replacement. Awesome paint selection.

This looks so good! Forgive the noob question, but could you give me some detail on who makes this beetle body?

sweet rig! I dig your servo location. How's it working out?

sweet rig! I dig your servo location. How's it working out?
That servo location is pretty awesome (if I do say so myself). You don't need a longer horn, so you don't lose any of the torque and the alignment is pretty much dead-on. Up against the brace seems to be fine..so far.
I've run into more issues with stripping the horn. Don't be me. Don't use the tekno plastic horn. Set your endpoints within the steering limits.

Should the
1/10 VW Baja Bug Clear Body: Short Course be !

What would interest me would be details on the offset servo in combination with the M2C Game Changer Wide Chassis & Game Changer V2 Mega Brace!
Yeah, I don't know why M2C didn't provide this as an option. I wasn't keen on how their relocation operated.

What I did --
  • bought some hobbypark 25mm standoffs https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07C18Q49B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • fastened the servo to the servo mount (tekno or m2c, doesn't matter) and standoffs so it was one unit.
  • Ground the mount flush to the servo on the side against the chassis brace.
  • how you make a template is up to you, but I put putty on the chassis, lined up the servo so it was where I wanted, and made an impression. Then I just drilled out holes and countersunk 'em from underneath. A frightening proposition for a brand new chasis.
Tightened down and fastened with some M3 screws..
kind of scary on a brand-new, untested build, but I was happy with the results. There was just enough room with those standoffs to route the wire in a non-pinchy fashion.

Nice truck, what pion are you running with those big tires and 6S? Any over heating? Was thing about getting some bigger tires for my truck.

Recent Popular Liked

Back