• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

I'm Lost....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

Reaction score
Ok,

So I built the DB48 project, following the build FAQ's from Tekno's website. Running it with a Tekin 3500kv / RX-8 Esc and Nomad body on the ET48 chassis and SCT 410 kit. The end result is pretty good, but the body to chassis fit I'm not thrilled with, and the narrow chassis layout is going to be hell with rocks and gravel.

I could throw more money at it and get the wide chassis conversion, and try the Losi DR-pro body. Even with that, my Nomad is a better desert machine. I've run these back to back, and the Nomad RTR gives nothing up to the Tekno in terms of performance, but it's a whole lot better laid out inside.

So I kicked around the idea of selling it, but I have always wanted to replace my Senton 3s with something of better quality. I use my Senton for racing around the soccer fields and just general driving. Problem is that the Senton is falling apart. A great machine for the money, but it is simple wearing out.

Another item that bothers me is all the debris a SCT kicks under the body from the tires. One thing I like about my Nomad is the buggy body keeps most debris out from the chassis internals.

This gave me an idea of maybe turning my DB48 into a kind of ET48. Since I have the chassis, what else would I need to change? Shock towers and body mounts? Maybe go with Bill's suggestion of tweaking the ackerman plates for improved steering?

I could just put the SCT chassis back on and slap on a SCT body, but I really would like an open wheel design.

Or would I need to replace the suspension arms, ect. Would the SCT stance be too narrow for a ET48 design?

I'm open to ideas.

Got a plan in the works. Will update you guys when I get further. Parts in the mail.

s

I did see that and ordered one yesterday. For the time being I'm going to looking into making the DB48 into a DT-48 with a different body. Might be interested set up and a kind of truggy.

If not, I'll pull the electronics and just sell it off cheap. The new Losi basically solved my problem.

Recent Popular Liked

Back