• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

If Tekno made a 2wd buggy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what the B6.1D is but a 1/6, 1/7 or a 1/5 4wd would get my $$

I was thinknig about a 2wd SCT and wish tekno made one. I had a durango for a short time and kind of want one again, i miss the simplicity and light weight.
I'm sure they will expand their line over time and will announce something new "soon" ........ probably next year at the very earlier...

Reactions: Hye
Large scales are cool, but a niche within a niche.

2wd buggy makes the most sense, but IMHO, there is very little innovation left with that platform. It has been optimized so well over the years, it will be hard to crack.

But then, for people that have Tekno 1/8 riggs, and now the 1/10 wheeler, they would probably run a 1/10 2wd tekno even if it was a carbon copy of the AE or TLR car... (Notthatteknowoulddothat...)

Large scales are cool, but a niche within a niche.

2wd buggy makes the most sense, but IMHO, there is very little innovation left with that platform. It has been optimized so well over the years, it will be hard to crack.

But then, for people that have Tekno 1/8 riggs, and now the 1/10 wheeler, they would probably run a 1/10 2wd tekno even if it was a carbon copy of the AE or TLR car... (Notthatteknowoulddothat...)

ha ha yeah. they are almost just copies of each other at this point. i asked my LHS guys who actually came up with the current 1/8 rig design and they said Kyosho was the first one and everyone started copying it. well it's the same with everything else that sells well or wins races whether it's a smart phone or race car, they're 90% the same... tekno is just the latest one to join in and put their spin on it. i would love to see some 2wd's from Tekno.

They went against the grain with the EB410 and its paying off. I love mine. I would love to see them bring out a 2wd 1/10th scale buggy.

There is a company in Australia i think its called coast2coast. They sell a conversion to turn your EB410 into a 2wd.

Who was the first to do a monster truggy? Monster Trucks were the big bashers when I got my t-maxx 2.5r and now monster truggys are it.

Yeah, everyone does copy everyone. But at least with 4wd, there is some product variation. C-hub vs pillowballs. center diff forward or backward, single battery or saddle packs. and in 1/10, there is still belt vs shaft. But still mostly minor. On the 2wd side, though, they are so so close to being identical. For a while, everyone was trying to come up with the 'best' mid-motor design, but the last few releases of that even are all looking the same. The front of 2wd cars, I don't think have change more than a fraction in 20 years. Shocks have gotten better, a bit...

I read thru the coast-2-coast thread on RCTech, seemed neat, but not much tekno left in that car.

seeing how Tekno took 5+ years to develop the EB410, and they haven't said anything about an EB210 coming anytime soon, then yeah, I full expect the EB210 to be better than the B6.1 because more than likely the B6.1 will have been long discontinued by the time the EB210 is ever released, ha!

Reactions: Hye
I think if Tekno does it, they will do it right, like they did with the EB410. I think the EB410 is probably better than the TLR in many ways and as good as the AE B64D (according to ppl at my track, at least). Now, I think TLR is for sure in the mix in 2wd buggy and the B6/6.1Ds are obviously great buggys too. So even if Tekno hits a homerun in the 2wds, not sure if it would be superior right off the bat, but I would be it would be in the mix, just based on their track record.

First post kicking life into this dead thread...

Love all of Tekno' designs. For whatever reason 4wd buggy just doesn't do it for me. Sadly my local track isn't much outside of 2wd/4wd buggy.

2wd buggy is the pinnacle. I laugh when I read people say there is nothing left to do. Ofcourse everyone copies successful engineering. Espionage is a word for a reason.

I'll drive a 2wd Tekno buggy first opportunity I get.

Recent Popular Liked

Back