• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Idea how to make my rc body stronger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan0823

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi, forum I just thought of an idea can anyone give there thoughts on this? On my next tekno mt410 body I get im thinking to use "EPOXY" I'm gonna paint it first of what colored I use then dip it in the epoxy and let it dry? ? and see if that'll stop my bodies fron cracking and splitting will give update when I start it...

I use the E6000 and Drywall tape method. Once I'm done I add a few coats of Rustoleum Spray-On Bedliner.

This is how I do it:
1. Place Drywall tape on every part of the body. Cut and apply neatly.
2. Use hot glue to tack the tape down wherever it might lift
3. Smear the E6000 onto the body using your fingers; wear gloves.
4. Give it about a day to dry, preferably outside since E6000 has a very strong and headache-inducing smell.
5. Spray on the Bedliner. Allow for 2 minutes between coats. I usually do 5-6 coats.
6. Leave outside for 2-3 days to dry and for the smell to go away.

This method works really well for strengthening bodies.

I use the E6000 and Drywall tape method. Once I'm done I add a few coats of Rustoleum Spray-On Bedliner.

This is how I do it:
4. Give it about a day to dry, preferably outside since E6000 has a very strong and headache-inducing smell.
5. Spray on the Bedliner. Allow for 2 minutes between coats. I usually do 5-6 coats.

The last time I did this I bought rubberized undercoating instead of the bedliner, that stuff seriously took like 3-4 weeks to dry but man that body lasted a long time.

I tried the dry wall tape and shoe goo method, I don’t know what I did wrong but the glue kinda dissolved the body paint. From the outside, I could see the pattern of the tape through the paint job. I’m not too sure how much strength it added, my body still cracked and split in places (around the front wheel arches and parts of the bed) come to think of it, it looks beaten up but I’m still using that body so I guess it added some strength

This is how I do it:

Thanks these bodies aren't cheap ? im always cracking my body up.

I use a trick I've learned from my rc planes (foamies, mostly) when a stress-crack would develop somewhere:

Ordinary toilet paper, soaked in VERY diluted white glue, thickened with a drop of thin, slow-cure epoxy, an "micro-balloons" (epoxy filler, it weighs nothing, an has the consistency of baby powder). Might need several layers, an play around with the formula, but I've used this method hundreds of times, an usually the next crack would be anywhere BUT the original area. Lexan bodies included.

For my next trick......I actually have a plastic sonic welder. Lol. Cheating.

Recent Popular Liked

Back