• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

I want to use a metal ammo can

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidthat's61

Reaction score
Would using a metal ammo can for charging my lipo be good?

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I try and reuse or repurpose a lot of stuff from work for around the house projects.

my idea was to drill a 1” hole or just a little bit larger that the size of your style connectors. Then take a pice of old leather glove, welding glove, thick rubber, ect.... and screwing over the hole leaving just enuf slack to get the wires threw

in my opinion this has to be better that some of the cheep junk that is for sale on amazon and way better than nothing

I hope you were talking about the metal ammo cans and not the plastic ones haha

My sense of humor seems to have been missed.

Yes you can use a metal ammo can to charge your lipos "inside" of. You will want to remove the gasket if there is one since you dont want it to be air tight just incase of a mishap, it would turn into a bomb. You want the air to escape so this isn't an issue if the worse case scenario was to happen while you are charging a lipo.

When you figure out how that is possible I would like to know how you do it!?
I watched the LI-Po container test : ammo can. I would do it that way.

Recent Popular Liked

Back