• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How to build Tekno RC differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Just get a new Tekno RC kit? Take a quick look at how world renowned racer, Ryan Lutz recommends building a Tekno RC diff.

I had the pleasure of attending a "Race Clinic" with Ryan Lutz and Joe Bornhorst last year, it was nice to pick their brains and get more insight in person with all the valuable information they have at their disposal :)

One thing Lutz does that I like is when changing the oil in his diffs, he uses a light weight oil, like a 100 shock oil, to clean out the old oil in the diff case. That keeps him from using brake cleaner or any other cleaner that might break down the oil if there is any left in the housing. He showed me that tip at the AMS race a few years back after I was using naptha to clean my diffs.

he uses a light weight oil, like a 100 shock oil, to clean out the old oil in the diff case. That keeps him from using brake cleaner or any other cleaner that might break down the oil if there is any left in the housing.
Great tip!

A tip for those of you that want to switch your EB410 aluminum spider gears to composite. Use an old gasket that has been compressed. It helps get the gears to mesh better. Been running the composite gears on a clay track for a minute now without any issues.

Just get a new Tekno RC kit? Take a quick look at how world renowned racer, Ryan Lutz recommends building a Tekno RC diff.

Would’ve been handy to see what he was doing?? Needed an above camera

Recent Popular Liked

Back