• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How can I turn better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I can't seem to get enough amplitude with the wheels, they don't turn fully left or right, like the servo doesn't move enough (but that's not it).
Everything is stock.
What do I need to adapt / change in the direction to get a bit more amplitude at the wheels? Doesn't matter if it pushes the servo harder, it's a 30kg Savox so it should hold up fine.
Thanks!

Try tightening the servo saver. I had this problem with my Arrma Kraton, the wheels would turn lock to lock, but when on the ground and moving the turning radius was very poor. Tightened the servo saver and now it turns sharper, just don't tighten it too much though.

What's your Ackerman plate set at? The screw position of the three possible positions determines how sharp the inner wheel turns in at max steering.

What's your Ackerman plate set at? The screw position of the three possible positions determines how sharp the inner wheel turns in at max steering.

As in the manual. I'll try the other holes tonight.

@Hypnotoad: Even with the roads off the ground, the wheels don't move enough in both directions. EPA's at max, the screw+washer that limits the max travel is way farther than the wheel goes too. servo hole is the furthest one.
I tried playing with the first link after the servo arm but of course that only changes the result in one direction...

Could it be that I'm using 0 offset (4" wheels), not pictured?

Looks lie it's already the most rearward holes, so that's not it. Damn. I guess I'll try a longer servo arm, seems to be the only thing that could work.

What kinda arm you got? Let's see a pic

[GALLERY=media, 113][/GALLERY]

Tekno aluminium one.

oh then the arm probably isn't the issue but it does look a little off center, does the arm hit your ESC when you turn full right?
I'd also try to disconnect the arm from the servo and move it manually, see if there is any binding / check if the full range of motion is there... that should tell you where the problem lies... if the servo just isn't moving the arm far enough maybe it is the servo or your EPA is turned way down on the radio.

oh then the arm probably isn't the issue but it does look a little off center, does the arm hit your ESC when you turn full right?

It needs to be like this to have the wheel more or less centered when it's in the neutral position. Seems to be similar to other's cars pictures and the manual. It's not perfect though, the exact position falls right in the middle of two of the 25 grooves.

I'd also try to disconnect the arm from the servo and move it manually, see if there is any binding / check if the full range of motion is there...

No issue there, butter smooth, way better than my Arrma and reaching the "EPA screws".

[/QUOTE] that should tell you where the problem lies... if the servo just isn't moving the arm far enough maybe it is the servo or your EPA is turned way down on the radio.[/QUOTE]

EPA is at its max, I tried 2 different remote models too.

Maybe the servo just sucks.

I solved it in the mean time with a slightly longer servo horn, seems to do fine. Weird as it is significantly longer than the stock plastic ones, and still like 2mm more than the aluminium Tekno.

Gonna tighten the servo saver too, although this is also already a bit tighter than what the manual says. Maybe it's coming loose, but it doesn't look like it.

What I meant by your arm off center is that it doesnt look parallel to your linkage horn, I know it isn't supposed to be centered with the servo. Weird, well I'm not a savox fan, maybe that's it.

Oh yeah, that, right.
I tried changing the length of the link to make it parallel, and as expected, it turns better in one direction, and worse in the other then :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to try my PowerHD crawler servo and see it if helps. It's just a bit slower / less strong, but barely.

Can you post a pic of the same area as pic above but showing where it stops when turning?

You do have to get the servo horn and the arm parallel.
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 4.16.41 PM.png

Are your steering turnbuckles equal in length?

I'm still unsure what's going on, everything is as it should as per the manual, but using that slightly longer servo arm I can finally achieve the same kind of turning radius I get out of my Arrma Talion.

I'm still unsure what's going on, everything is as it should as per the manual, but using that slightly longer servo arm I can finally achieve the same kind of turning radius I get out of my Arrma Talion.

I think something is off...I have never seen someone requiring a larger servo horn to get the proper steering on these Tekno vehicle. The .4 steering you have in the MT is the same geometry they use in their .4 buggy. It also can be an upgrade to their ET48.3 and the SCT410.3/EBSL.

These pics are of my buggy but its the same steering assembly as yours. At full swing it should like this;

To the left;
IMG_4101.JPG

To the right;
IMG_4102.JPG

So you still cannot replicate the steering limits you see in my pics using your controller and the stock horn?

Perhaps its time you do a tear down to make sure everything is operating correctly without a servo. Without pics showing your car (with the problem in action) we are all going by the translations we think are the problem through words...not always the most accurate way to explain these sort of situations IMO.

We are struggling to get you a solution, I think because there is still a piece to the puzzle that is still not getting relayed.

The range I see is nothing like your pictures, and not because it's hitting the limiters either...
I already rebuilt the steering, pretty sure it is the RX / TX or servo itself at this point. Going to rebind, reset etc this weekend, and try a different more fancy remote too just in case. If that doesn't do it I have 2 other servos to try.
I've seen servo - RX combos that just didn't work in the past so who knows.
I'll report the results, but thanks for taking the time!

Servo was the culprit: it moves less than the other I tried. That's a weird issue, never seen that before. Going to return it and use the PowerHD in the mean time.

Recent Popular Liked

Back