• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How bent is my chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetsuo

Reaction score
I can't find a good side profile picture of the stock chassis. I know there's a slight bend upward near the metal ears that stop the droop screws, but I'm pretty sure mine is more bent than its supposed to be after an unfortunate head-on with a... sigh... I hit a tree. this was AFTER I completed a double backflp on 4s in a northern VA back yard that is WAY to small for such antics... I guess I was asking for it!

Anyway, i'm trying to figure how how much of a bend there should be here, because I don't remember it being bent right at the screw holes, and that seems like a weak spot. Funny thing is - it still drives fine! :)
oopsIMG_20200507_211013.jpg

Is there any binding? Are your hinge pins straight still?

I think you are fine as well. If it were to bend more than it was already there, then there would be binding at the hinge pins or even bent hinge pin blocks.

Check for what TBuggy suggest. Look for any binding in hinge pins if you have any then theres your answer your chassis is bent.

From the pictures you can see a difference but there is no way for us to tell if its bent. I'll just send it

Thanks all! Nothing binds and steering seems fine. Screws are still tight. Guess it was in my head. I did hit a tree dead on at full tilt, after all.. took a chunk out of the tree. Guess the MT410 was OK with it! :D

Thanks all! Nothing binds and steering seems fine. Screws are still tight. Guess it was in my head. I did hit a tree dead on at full tilt, after all.. took a chunk out of the tree. Guess the MT410 was OK with it! :D
That tree is lucky you weren't full throttle. You would have knocked it over. :p

Recent Popular Liked

Back