• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hota H6 Pro Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
I love this little Hota charger. I had it for almost three years now, and I'm posting about the charger now because of my idiotic mistake made last night (will tell of my mistake in later post).
1678876985089.png

1678878118634.png

1678878215066.png

The only thing that would make it better would be the ability to angle the unit with some built in feet, or something. I used a cheap phone stand; cut extra material off stand to match angle of other charger's face, and secured it to the case with double sided tape.

20200723_172413.jpg
20200723_172547.jpg

20200803_151503.jpg

Apparently you aren't suppose to plug in a servo on the charger while the servo testing is in progress...POOF!!🤬 A puff of smoke came out the side of the charger, and that was all she wrote. Charger was done.

I went shopping for another H6 Pro after I messaged Hota on Facebook about sending in my charger for repair. I was just about to finalize payment, 'cause I knew shipping and repair costs would probably close to the cost of a new charger, when I got a reply back from Hota. They said, "Pls show QR code of it ( at bottom), also can it work under DC now ?" I plugged in my DC power supply; hooked up my charger to it, and by George, my H6 Pro lives! So I can't use AC current anymore. That's okay. 99% of the time my charger was powered with DC power supply anyways.

I'd have to double check but I don't think my charger will go into a test mode without a servo connected. It's worth us verifying so we don't make smoke also. That you can still use it with DC power is a win though. That's a good check to keep in the back pocket if you have a AC/DC unit that fails when plugged into the wall.

Apparently you aren't suppose to plug in a servo on the charger while the servo testing is in progress...POOF!!🤬 A puff of smoke came out the side of the charger, and that was all she wrote. Charger was done.

I went shopping for another H6 Pro after I messaged Hota on Facebook about sending in my charger for repair. I was just about to finalize payment, 'cause I knew shipping and repair costs would probably close to the cost of a new charger, when I got a reply back from Hota. They said, "Pls show QR code of it ( at bottom), also can it work under DC now ?" I plugged in my DC power supply; hooked up my charger to it, and by George, my H6 Pro lives! So I can't use AC current anymore. That's okay. 99% of the time my charger was powered with DC power supply anyways.
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the Hota. However, I am pleased to hear that it has served you well, and continues to with an external power supply. I just picked up a Hota S6 a couple months back. My first "high powered" charger. It's been great thus far.
I've had power supplies go bad in several SkyRc B6AC knockoffs I've had for years, as well as Duratrax Onyx and others.. I usually just buy a power supply of appropriate specs from Amazon or AliEx and wire them to those chargers as a DC input.

I'd have to double check but I don't think my charger will go into a test mode without a servo connected. It's worth us verifying so we don't make smoke also. That you can still use it with DC power is a win though. That's a good check to keep in the back pocket if you have a AC/DC unit that fails when plugged into the wall.
I don't remember the specific steps that lead up to the charger seemingly going dead, but after I unplugged one servo and started to test the next one... poof! I now know the second servo that I plugged into the charger to test... that servo is now smoked as well. Weird.

I had a Ultra Power UP120AC DUO that kind of did the same snap/crackle/pop thing. I suspect I had used the internal discharger too long and the heat that builds up inside of charger did the thing in... but I could still use the UP120AC DUO on DC power.

Recent Popular Liked

Back