• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing ezrun 4985 max6 with m2c wide chassis - fits ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nivs999

Reaction score
Hi guys
New here and did not find any information about motors fitment with the new m2c wide chassis
My Q is: will the new hobbywing ezrun 4985 motor will fit on the m2c wide chassis?
what is the size limit for motors on the new m2c chassis ?

If you move the ESC to the rear you can fit ANY size motor. You could probably fit that motor and a Tekin ESC all in the stock location, but I'm not sure about the MMX/Max8 since they're larger. The Max6 would have to go in the rear with that motor. FYI, the side guard is moved forward 5mm with the M2C chassis, therefore giving you 5mm of extra space.

ok got you. but the motor is wider also 49mm as opposed to 40 standard
this means that to do a mesh i will need a bigger pinion right?

As long as that motor has the normal 25mm screw hole spacing. If it has M4 threads, you'll need the motor mount insert from the ET48.3.

Unfortunately, Tekno discontinued the M4/M3 motor mount insert (TKR5211) at least being sold separately. However, you can still get them from the ET48.3 kit. I don't see any now but you can find them on ebay from time to time. The new insert (TKR5211X) is M3 only. I have no idea if this would work but the JQ insert looks almost identical to the Tekno. https://www.amainhobbies.com/jqracing-motor-mount-jqp-jqe0099/p260126

Unfortunately, Tekno discontinued the M4/M3 motor mount insert (TKR5211) at least being sold separately. However, you can still get them from the ET48.3 kit. I don't see any now but you can find them on ebay from time to time. The new insert (TKR5211X) is M3 only. I have no idea if this would work but the JQ insert looks almost identical to the Tekno. https://www.amainhobbies.com/jqracing-motor-mount-jqp-jqe0099/p260126
Looked everywhere but did not find the old mount with m4 I think I will buy the jqracing you sent and hope for the best
also I can’t find any info on the motor spacing screws I hope it’s 25mm hole spacing
I guess I won’t know until the motor arrive which suck
Thanks for your help mate
Just one more thing, will these hex extender fits the Tekno any chance you know?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...e-hex-w-serrated-nuts-5mm-hranro10w02/p650255

I have the castle 1717 (50x85mm) in my normal chassis. I removed the center brace, installed a 46T spur and 15T pinion. I put the max6 on a custom esc plate. With the stock spur you probably couldn't go lower than 16T or 17T. So your hobbywing motor will work.

Sound good mate did u use the stock motor mount plate and just drilled the holes to m4 ?
Can you post a pic or 2 please ✌️

with the m2c center brace and stock chassis not much goes and what does is tight.

Recent Popular Liked

Back