• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Help with steering please (Eb48.3)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpassedu

Reaction score
I noticing when putting my servo on and centering my steering that when turning to left it didn’t go as much as it did right , I couldn’t figure it out and than had noticed , I believe they are called the tie rods for the steering were drastically out or adjustment from each other. I cannot find anything to measure it except a ruler with inches . What’s happening is when I go to adjust the links to have them matching , one wheel sticks out like crazy while the other doesn’t . I am attaching some pictures , can someone help me out with adjusting this please .

Attachments

• DBB8B521-FD11-46D3-893B-77311A9C52E4.jpeg
    DBB8B521-FD11-46D3-893B-77311A9C52E4.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 290
  • EFFAA7CE-0645-49EB-9BB4-8DB8F4E3B4DC.jpeg
    EFFAA7CE-0645-49EB-9BB4-8DB8F4E3B4DC.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 13103341-0E40-4DDC-8F57-5EC34029A2E4.jpeg
    13103341-0E40-4DDC-8F57-5EC34029A2E4.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 94063C49-F20A-4DCB-BC73-5969ADC3377F.jpeg
    94063C49-F20A-4DCB-BC73-5969ADC3377F.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 251
Started taking the whole front end apart , I had bought this used from a racer who I had thought had the front put together correctly . Turns out I am starting to notice things are not , so front end will come apart to check everything is close to spec now .

Just from eyeballing the second image, the camberlinks look different lengths - the right looks longer then the left.
Use the manual from the Tekno site and make sure that the links are exactly the correct length.

Link to manual - specifically look at page 13. Print the page out and use the actual size as a guide if you haven't a ruler.....
https://wwwcdn.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EB48.3instructions.pdf

While you are at it, check the steering link sizes also....

Just from eyeballing the second image, the camberlinks look different lengths - the right looks longer then the left.
Use the manual from the Tekno site and make sure that the links are exactly the correct length.

Link to manual - specifically look at page 13. Print the page out and use the actual size as a guide if you haven't a ruler.....
https://wwwcdn.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EB48.3instructions.pdf

While you are at it, check the steering link sizes also....

Now that I have all links measured , prob not to spec bc my only ruler is in inches at the moment , they are even and I am noticing one tires camber leans out wards while the other tire leans inwards , all adjustments are even on the front end and in the same holes on each side. What could be causing this ?

Attachments

• 0A7B311D-F86B-4880-A0F4-C821DFB69F63.jpeg
    0A7B311D-F86B-4880-A0F4-C821DFB69F63.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 253
Have you taken the wheels off and inspected the mounting holes on each of the hubs?? Ensure links are mount on the same location on both sides etc.
It's most likely something all like this. Personally I would start stripping back (using the manual - backwards!) double checking everything as you go....

Have you taken the wheels off and inspected the mounting holes on each of the hubs?? Ensure links are mount on the same location on both sides etc.
It's most likely something all like this. Personally I would start stripping back (using the manual - backwards!) double checking everything as you go....
Yes I believe one of the links is actually bent now that I have take it off , this is most likely the culprit . I’ll try and bend it back or just order new when I can . Ty

** Edit : It was a bent link , I got it back to I’d say 90% perfect and now my camber is almost even on both sides . Ty for chiming in and trying to help me out . It was hard to spot that it was bent without taking both out and looking at them side by side . I am not using this car for any racing so 90% is good for the time being until the world turns back to somewhat normal and I can grab some new parts without worrying.

Last edited:
I noticed that your right steering link is backwards. It really doesn't matter for functionality but for adjustment reasons its nice to have them all facing the same direction so you dont have to wonder what direction you turn the wrench to make the adjustments you want.

I noticed that your right steering link is backwards. It really doesn't matter for functionality but for adjustment reasons its nice to have them all facing the same direction so you dont have to wonder what direction you turn the wrench to make the adjustments you want.
Ty I figured that out the hard way when over tightening it lol , was lazy enough to just leave it for right now . . I do agree with you though & good looking out

Recent Popular Liked

Back