• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Help with esc & motor kv.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan0823

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi, forum I would like to know what's the lowest kv motor I can run on a 150 amp esc? Thanks.

For a correctly sized motor, there is no lower limit to kv.

Now, if you start increasing the size of the motor, then yes, you’ll eventually reach some limits. But again, it is not kv that will define those limits. Actually, lower the kv, he easier on the ESC.

Ok so can I use a 1250kv motor with my max8 esc without a problem and would it draw more current and change my run time? Also I want more torgue?.

Oh also would I be able to use a bigger pinion without it getting heated up?

I'm running a 4s 5500 mah.

I'm running a 4s 5500 mah.
1250kv is going to be too low, unless it is an oversized motor and pinion.

Here is how I view kv ranges with 4076 or 4274 motors on MT410:
  • 2200 to 2250 is pushing it a bit but absolutely ok on 4s, may require a motor fan in warm climates
  • 2000 is the sweet spot and where most competition truggies are
  • 1700 to 1800 is a more conservative range for warm climates on 4s or 6s in general
  • 1500kv and lower is for 6s use only IMO
Bear in mind that external temps, terrain and tires are going to have a huge impact on your load and as a consequence your motor temps. Grass or very large tires can completely mess up references.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you for the information just what I been looking for. I appreciate it very much. 👍

I have been having good luck 2200kv 4074 rocket motor. 17t pinion and mmx6s esc. 4s bliss for me and my rig

Yeah? thats what I'm running now the max8 2200kv on 4s, it's my second motor the first motor my pinion wouldn't stay set found out my motor shaft had a slightly wobble in it, now I wanna go with a longer or bigger motor with my m2c wide chassis I've moved my esc to the rear.

Recent Popular Liked

Back