• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Help- rear inside tire lifting/ traction roll problem carpet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

405RCDad

Reaction score
Hello, I have my son's eb410 dialed in pretty good for our local track. We run on grey home Depot carpet and the track is usually tight and technical. I'm still fighting traction roll at times and can't seem to keep the inside rear wheel from lifting at almost every turn. The car has the shock forward mod, currently running 1.7 front sway bar and 1.4 rear. Running 1.7 pistons up front with 37.5wt and 40wt rear (AE oils). Car has carbon towers and all the other carbon options installed. I am running the Tekno carbon option rear tower that allows for the shocks forward setup, but it is the standard height version. I have experimented with shock tuning, 50gram weight in the rear, shorty/slim shorty, camber, etc. Still haven't made any significant improvement for this issue. Hoping some of you may have suggestions that may help me figure this out. Also I'm still pretty unsure of what to do with the rear C and D blocks and the rear camber links, since the geometry has changed with the rear shock mod.

I used to have traction roll issues on turf as well, including the rear inside wheel lifting as well... lots of possible things can cause this, but rather than listing every symptom, it might be easier for you to consider trying my setup here to see if this helps solve your problem:

VRP = Visionracingproducts

39946147063_39d9a930d7_b.jpg

Thanks Bill! I will give that a try. I had been wondering about the HRC tower.

Yeah, I think the HRC options for both front/rear plus thicker sway bars will make a big difference, also going with thicker diff fluids can help too.... I no longer run the EB410 but in my 401R that I currently race I am running 40K up front and 20K in the rear... that will surely help keep the rear inside wheel from poppping up, but may cause too much push... you kinda have to try different things until you find what works for you.

I've been having good luck with my setup on turf. Others who have driven it also say it's very good. Box setup with the following changes. Red front springs, 725cst, 1.7 pistons, rear yellow springs, 725cst, 2.0 drilled pistons, stock droop, 16f, 19r mm ride height, +1 hexes, associated wheels, rear shocks out one hole from stock on tower, stiffest rear sway and one softer on front, .9 and .8 I believe. No steering washers, bolt only. Rear pills set to 0 toe, c block dots outside, d block dots inside. 10k/100k/7k on my diffs. Slow your servo down on your transmitter if you can, add exp, also run your BEC at 6v. Use your dual rate to take away steering if needed. A lot of times oversteering/really fast steering can cause traction roll.

Recent Popular Liked

Back