• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Help me make a small MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synthesis

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
My MT410 is arriving today and I have a vision in my head. I want to make a smaller version of the truck, I have seen a few around including the one I initially fell in love with on YouTube from user named TX's Tek Custom Rcs (photo attached) although his is a converted SCT. This might seem silly or blasphemous to some but I just don't like the look of the bigger MT410 tires and want to use 2.8" Proline wheels & tires and have a narrower vehicle due to my small urban yard. After speaking with some of you and Thomas at Tekno RC, I have compiled a list of what I believe I will need to make this happen (see attached photo). I would love to hear some other opinions or experiences on this as some of you are experts with vast knowledge of these platforms.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 616
  • mini MT410 conversion parts list.PNG
    mini MT410 conversion parts list.PNG
    385.8 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
I just spoke with Thomas at Tekno RC, I might be in over my head here. The list of parts I'm coming up with is massive and going to cost hundreds of dollars in my initial estimation...time to get to work!

Maybe just start with an EB instead...then you just need to get a body and some big wheels.

I don’t think you need hubs and carriers. The only things you’d need are the EB48 arms, driveshafts and links. That would give you the same wheelbase but it be more narrow. With tougher hubs than a SCT410.

The MT410 is basically a EB48 with Truggy length arms. From the ET48.

Go to the parts page...
https://www.teknorc.com/product-vehicle/mt410/
There are no specific MT410 parts. It’s made from all Tekno vehicle parts.

I don’t own a MT410. Hopefully someone who does will give more input and correct me. I could be wrong.

edit: I see the parts you have are for the .4
I’m probably wrong then.

@TBuggy is probably right. Might be easier to start with a EB

Last edited:
If I didn't already have so many extra parts I would have gone the route I suggested to you with my DB410 build. It will basically be an EB48.3 with SCT towers, chassis and shocks when it's finally complete. I plan on running some pretty good sized wheels on this thing to make it look more beastly!

Thanks for your input guys, one thing to keep in mind is not only do I want the truck narrower but also want the 2.8” wheels and from what I understand the smaller wheels won’t fit over the spindles of the MT410 so I would have to swap with the EB48.4

The MT and the EB.3 spindles are the same. Also I am fairly sure EB48 arms are not compatible with the SCT spindles.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input guys, one thing to keep in mind is not only do I want the truck narrower but also want the 2.8” wheels and from what I understand the smaller wheels won’t fit over the spindles of the MT410 so I would have to swap with the EB48.4
I can try my MX28s on my MT410 tonight if you would like to know if they fit.

Ha, I was considering getting a Proline MT 4x4 it would surely be easier. Hey, I like that paint job! Nice looking truck there ??

@JuanDLAT78 & @Synthesis

Ok, so I got the MX28s onto my MT410.

The front A arms cleared the rims just barely at full turn but the hubs were good.
20190419_191819.jpg

The rears were close with the bottom hardware.
20190419_191827.jpg

The tops of the rear hubs are barely rubbing. I would imagine after 5 minutes of rubbing they would wear away from each other.
20190419_191839.jpg

@Chevys10zr2003 I am assuming it might look kinda funny with the long arms and smaller wheels, any chance you would be willing to post some shots of the truck with those installed? Thank you, very helpful for me :)

Thank you for your effort Chevys10zr2003 those definitely stick out too far for me, good to know they fit over the stock hubs and spindles though.

Thank you for your effort Chevys10zr2003 those definitely stick out too far for me, good to know they fit over the stock knuckles though.
Just keep in mind that I did say that they rub on top of the rear hubs. Also keep on mind that it is with these MX28s. Different rims and different offsets may have different results.

Recent Popular Liked

Back