• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Great day at the local track..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supradude26

Reaction score
So I've had my ET48.3 for about a month now, and run about 6 packs through it at the local track. I've got it pretty dialed in to where I like it. I got the SCT410.3 last week and have run just 2 packs through it, but it seems way off. I've changed the setup some as I've seen some different setup sheets for bumpy hard pack tracks which this one is, but some jumps it comes off with the nose straight up if and if there is any lip on the top of the jump it comes off with the nose straight down. The straight is filled with smaller bumps that the truggy and other buggies handle no problem, but quite often my truck just catches a bump and goes tumbling. I am running a bit more weight as I have the Tekin RX8 Gen 3 with the 2650kv T8 Gen 3 buggy motor running on Protek Graphene 6500mah 4s HV batteries. I wouldn't think that would cause too much trouble.. I changed the pistons and oil, played with different springs although I'm waiting for my green rears to show up, so I'm using orange for now. Seemed better yesterday than today but I've pretty much destroyed my first body in the 2 packs of about 40 minutes of runtime. Gotta figure it out...

20181014_163400.jpg

@Supradude26 are you just practicing at the track or are you racing yet?

Post up a setup sheet when you get a chance.

Just running myself and whoever else shows up, which had usually been some guys with box stock 2wd brushes Slashes lol. There were 3 guys over the weekend running nitro buggies so it was a ton of fun doing laps with them. They were pretty fast but I could keep up for a couple laps, then I would make a small mistake and lose them for a bit lol. It's the only track within 30 miles of my place and they haven't had any actual racing there in 3 or 4 years, so the track hasn't seen much maintenance either. Prior to getting these two Tekno rigs, I hadn't run a RC on a track since I brought my Tamiya Blackfoot to a small indoor carpet track with 1 jump in probably 1990 when I was 14 haha.

I did ask one of the fast guys if there is any sanctioned racing in my area, and he said they just finished up the summer season, so I'm hoping to get as much driving and tuning experience in this winter that I can then get into racing in the spring or whenever it picks up again. I was talking to the owner of the hobby shop and track by my place and he is planning on bringing his tractor down soon to do some major work on the track which would he super nice even though I'm just learning how to drive it good the way it is, with the ET48.3 anyway...

Lastly, last night i changed my shock oils as i knew the stuff i had put in when i built the truck a couple weeks ago ended up being far too thick, (I think I used 40wt) and just slapping some stiff springs on to compensate didnt work at all haha. I can already tell it's going to be much better. Still waiting on the green rear springs though, as several of the "pros" setup sheets show them using them on rough tracks. I set everything else up just like one of Bornhorst's rough hard pack setups, down to ordering and drilling my own blank pistons rather than waiting for a backorder set.

This is the setup I'm going to try next time out, hopefully Thursday. Only exception will be the rear springs. The others I have are the stock ultra soft black, orange, red and purple. I'll probably start with orange and try the blacks but they just seem way too soft for the weight of my truck and how big so many of the rolling potholes in the track are.

https://wwwcdn.teknorc.com/wp-conte... Bornhorst - Medina Club - Med Grip Loose.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back