• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Graupner X-8N or Futaba 4PM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krackar

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Whats the general thoughts on these radios? I can get the X-8N for about $75 Aud cheaper than the 4PM.

Steering speed is the single most important feature to me, and while the X-8N advertises this feature, I never could get it to work properly.... the USA distributor told me to flash the radio to get it to the most current version of the firmware but it fried the radio. Unfortunately I did this after the 2 year warranty expired so I was SOL... they offered a 15% discount and I opted to upgrade to the X-8E which the steering speed works flawless without having to update the firmware.

Since the USA distributor for Graupner has gone out of business, the brand is only providing support out of the EU currently, it would be difficult to recommend the X-8N... I would spend the extra money on the 4PM between those 2 options.

More systems worth comparing here:
Which surface radio system is the best?

Thanks for your quick feedback. I think the 4PM being newer and the extra receiver supplied with the Futaba makes it the better buy

So I ended up with a second hand Sanwa M12S with 3 receivers. Was a good deal with the receivers and it's got more features than I need. Response is very fast!

Recent Popular Liked

Back