• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Glue for tires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan0823

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi, forum bought 4 6s backflips tires for my tekno mt410 and 2 of the tires weren't glued correctly or seems at all? So what is the best glue and way to glue my tires correctly? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks 😊 all 4 tires were are like this so I thought they were ok. First run and they were coming off the rim.

Attachments

• 16272526567948017643676495748581.jpg
    16272526567948017643676495748581.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 100
Hi, forum bought 4 6s backflips tires for my tekno mt410 and 2 of the tires weren't glued correctly or seems at all? So what is the best glue and way to glue my tires correctly? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks 😊 all 4 tires were are like this so I thought they were ok. First run and they were coming off the rim.
Not uncommon sadly, you can just use a CA glue, I like to use a fairly runny type, unless there is tearing then you may want to try a glue type.

You can buy a branded tyre glue, but it won't really be that much better. I've even used a rubber infused glue before.

Good idea to wear some rubber/latex gloves, then apply a small amount to the edge of the rim where the tyre meets and then using your thumb pull the edge away from the rim allowing the glue to flow into the gap(like you're photo above). Now work all the way around, you should end up with a nice even edge of glue with no gaps.

It is important to clean the surfaces before applying the glue, you can use iso or simple green, make sure the edges are dry. Try not to wet the foam inside. Less is more, if you try to use to much glue it will take too long to dry and will become messy.

Also look up rc tire venting, it will make these tyres perform better and will last longer, and it can even help stop the tyres from being torn off the rim.

Thanks, I vented them when I got them they were shitty glued when I got them I kinda knew they were gonna come unglued, once I ran them and they did just that at about 20 feet away so I stopped and took them off so there be no further damage to them. I see a glue on Amazon that comes with bands to put around the tires to give it a even glueing.

Recent Popular Liked

Back