• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Getting Ready to purchase.....But what one do I get?

What would you get if you were me?

• EB48 2.0

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • EB410.2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ET410.2

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVFD02

Reaction score
OK, so this is my first post and question. Getting back into the hobby and looking to buy my first Tekno. Currently have an old first generation Traxxas E-Maxx and a new 2wd Brushed Traxxas Slash. The slash gets no traction on the snow, ice and sandy roads, and the E-Maxx does not have weather resistant electronics.
I am looking for something modern and 4 wheel drive. I have narrowed it down to three, either the EB410.2, ET410.2 or an EB48 2.0. This is based on availability and what I am looking to do with it. I have and indoor carpet track about 20 minutes away and an outside dirt track about an hour away. With that being said I'm not sure if I am really interested in racing, I really don't care for crowds but we will see.
So I may set up a rudimentary track in the back yard, run it on the road and dirt lots with a little bit of grass. I know the ET410.2 is probably my best bet but I really like the sexy looks of the EB's and have seen how well they perform on track. I like the idea of the EB48 2.0 because it will probably handle what I want to do better than the EB410.2. Is the EB48 2.0 worth the extra $300 I will need to spend when all is said and done.
Thank you all for your help and look forward to your comments.

This is really a no brainer, you can eliminate the EB410 because it's not designed for carpet and will cost way too much money and require too many aftermarket mods only for it to perform mediocre on carpet.

The ET410 falls into a similar situation and the class tends to be less popular so really hard to recommend this option.

The EB48 2.0 is a solid choice which can be an excellent basher as well as a proven racer. You'll never run into issues with turnout for this class.

Some build tips and upgrades to consider here:
Good Luck!

This is really a no brainer, you can eliminate the EB410 because it's not designed for carpet and will cost way too much money and require too many aftermarket mods only for it to perform mediocre on carpet.

The ET410 falls into a similar situation and the class tends to be less popular so really hard to recommend this option.

The EB48 2.0 is a solid choice which can be an excellent basher as well as a proven racer. You'll never run into issues with turnout for this class.

Good Luck!
What are folks doing to get the EB410 to run good on carpet?

I was thinking of getting one due to a carpet track not far from me, and their two classes are the ever popular 17.5 buggy, and 13.5 4wd buggy. And all my 4wd stuff has been 1/8 scale in the past, and the EB410 seems to have a 1/8 scale buggy esque about it. Figured it'd be more what I'm used to.

Good Luck!
Bill, Thank you very much for your insight.

I’ve been bashing my et410.2 pretty hard and I love it, especially in the protek shorty 3s. Gets rowdy on the grass, dirt, and takes jumps like a beast. Just finished it a couple weeks ago
EE95FABB-FBD3-4AD4-8D52-8AB0A8FEEEAB.jpeg
2D6EA630-D371-488F-9736-C60EA8D5AFA3.jpeg

So what did you decide? I would've gotten either the buggies depending on my local tracks. Which most around here run 1/8 scale so you know what I'd choose.

But if you're not racing my choice would go to the ET410. Little more ground clearance for bashing.

Thank you all for the input. I ordered the EB48 2.0, it just came in the other day, enjoying the build. Have everything I need except for the motor and ESC, waiting for them to be in stock. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Recent Popular Liked

Back