• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Getting an MT410.. Any immediate upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbhm

Reaction score
Hello! I was trying to find the most durable MT for backyard bashing and came across this truck. Everyone I talked to said it was absolutely magnificent and nearly unbreakable. That sold me on it.

So I am going to order in a couple weeks, but is there anything I should order at the same time? Obviously I'll need electronics and wheels/tires/body, but that will come a bit later as I am on a budget. I am talking about small upgrades.

I keep hearing stuff like a metal servo horn, metal shock caps, etc. Is any of this stuff actually needed? I am on a budget so I am not looking to spend money on nearly useless stuff, but if any of this actually makes a difference I will purchase it without a doubt.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Yes, I did read the sticky. But I am still seeing contradicting statements like the plastic caps and servo horn will last for years. I am just looking for opinions from people with experience with these. Thanks!

Everyone’s definition of backyard bashing is different. Since you’re on a budget, I’d say build it and run it. If you break anything then upgrade what you broke. Your way of bashing might not need the upgrades that others have done.

Everyone’s definition of backyard bashing is different. Since you’re on a budget, I’d say build it and run it. If you break anything then upgrade what you broke. Your way of bashing might not need the upgrades that others have done.

Yeah, that's definitely true.

I will be doing a good bit of jumping, but onto tallish grass so no pavement. That's about it for part breaking stuff. The rest will just be plowing through grass and some super casual racing.

I don’t own an MT410 just a SCT410.3
I know there’s a difference in tire size, but I’m still running the stock plastic servo arm. Like you one of the first things I read was to replace it. I’ve had my SCT (well, SL converted to SCT) a little over two years. I have a new aluminum servo horn waiting to take the plastics place.

An aluminum servo horn is the only part required. Aluminum chassis braces are recommended if you're going for big air. Aluminum shock caps are definitely more durable and nice to have, but the plastic ones will get you started.

Don’t upgrade anything until you run it for a while. After a few packs, my desire was to extended the chassis. Was a massive improvement for how I wanted to drive it.

Thanks everyone for the help! I'll take it all into consideration when I order my kit!

Can't wait!

Recent Popular Liked

Back