• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

General Question - Testing Between SCT and Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

Reaction score
Greetings,

All things being equal in terms of electronics, could you accurately evaluate wheels and tires on a 1/10 4wd buggy platform and translate it reasonably well to a 1/10 4wd SCT? As dumb as it sounds, I grow weary of cleaning out the SCT from field testing because all the debris is kicked into the chassis because it's collected by the covering body. Here in the southwest, dust covers are a no-go; they restrict air flow too much. I'm kicking around the idea of the buggy as purely a testing platform because it runs so much cleaner inside.

My concern is that because the suspension travel is so different, and well as the CG, that there is too much lost in translation to make any meaningful comparison.

Apples and oranges, they won't handle nearly as close, not even if you were to do testing with an EB48, each chassis will feel completely different.

I would consider investing in a portable generator and air compressor, very little effort to spritz your ride with some furniture polish and blow it clean after every run, your SCT will remain looking like new indefinitely. Takes maybe 2 min to blow/clean a chassis.

That's been the routine so far. I have a portable Dewalt compressor that I use in between runs. I was also thinking apples to oranges, but I wanted to sound out the idea with the gang here.

Bill, I sent you a DM a few days ago. Lemme know if you get it.

Thanks.

s

Sure I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, I kind of like the idea of sharing stuff here publicly so that others can benefit who might have similar questions, or others might think of something I missed to help clarify something I have posted... helps keep everyone honest that way :)

Thanks Bill, but the topic is not about Tekno per say, but other RC platforms. No worries; I'll keep scratching around.

s.

I honestly think that it would be perfectly acceptable to discuss any brand of vehicle here, especially in the Lounge section, naturally folks are going to be biased for TEKNO here, but folks on this forum are generally very understanding and flexible, just give them a chance to hear you out :)

I have not made it a secret that I am currently sponsored with PR Racing and have sold off the majority of my TEKNO stable, ha!

No problem Bill. Until I get further down the road developing the different projects and doing company research, I'm going to keep most of this under my hat. I made a few other contacts to follow up with, so I think I'm good at this point. If something else comes up, I'll post it public here.

s.

Recent Popular Liked

Back