• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Futaba R304SB-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cnemie

Reaction score
Hello:

This is the model with the internal antenna.

Are there any issues with typical range using this model receiver in the EB48.4 or ET48.3 series Teknos? I use them in my 1/10th scale models, but the 1/8th scale stuff extends out a bit further on open outdoor tracks, and the device is sealed inside the compartment. Thanks.

Hi
The "-E" at the end usually means it is for electric only vehicles...which means no antenna.

You know I couldn't speak for that brand/style receiver but I know that when I coil up the antenna and stuff it in that receiver box, I don't have an issue with range on my eb48.

You know I couldn't speak for that brand/style receiver but I know that when I coil up the antenna and stuff it in that receiver box, I don't have an issue with range on my eb48.
You know I though about doing that....

Ha!! I have a one-inch antenna on my ET48.3.

I like the simplicity of the antenna-less E models, but wasn’t sure about range. By the way when these things get out of range do they revert to neutral or blast wide open into the nearest solid object?

Ha!! I have a one-inch antenna on my ET48.3.

I like the simplicity of the antenna-less E models, but wasn’t sure about range. By the way when these things get out of range do they revert to neutral or blast wide open into the nearest solid object?

They are suppose to go default to netural however I would recommend setting a failsafe up on the controller. I go about 75% braking and keep it going straight, that way just in case I am wide open and it loose connection it will instantly start slowing down.

I tried coiling up the wire on my R304-SB that came with my 4PLS inside the receiver box on my MT410 and my range was only about 150 feet. I then ran the wire outside of the box but cut the antenna tube short so that it was under my body and now the range is pretty much as far as I can see. 150 feet is probably fine for racing, but for me, for bashing it wasn't enough so now I don't curl the wires up in the box.

It works fine on my R324SBS in my SCT410, but that receiver has an internal antenna as well as an external antenna where the R304-SB only has an external.

They are suppose to go default to netural however I would recommend setting a failsafe up on the controller. I go about 75% braking and keep it going straight, that way just in case I am wide open and it loose connection it will instantly start slowing down.
The only problem that I can see with that is if the transmitter batteries die, you go out of range or shut the transmitter off while the vehicle is at a standstill, it will then go 75% reverse instead of 75% braking I believe. I normally set mine so that it fully steers to one side with the throttle in neutral so it does circles until it stops.

I tried coiling up the wire on my R304-SB that came with my 4PLS inside the receiver box on my MT410 and my range was only about 150 feet. I then ran the wire outside of the box but cut the antenna tube short so that it was under my body and now the range is pretty much as far as I can see. 150 feet is probably fine for racing, but for me, for bashing it wasn't enough so now I don't curl the wires up in the box.

It works fine on my R324SBS in my SCT410, but that receiver has an internal antenna as well as an external antenna where the R304-SB only has an external.

The only problem that I can see with that is if the transmitter batteries die, you go out of range or shut the transmitter off while the vehicle is at a standstill, it will then go 75% reverse instead of 75% braking I believe. I normally set mine so that it fully steers to one side with the throttle in neutral so it does circles until it stops.

no it wont, at least tekin won't go into reverse until you are full 100% braking for default 0.8secs which I changed to 1 sec. at 75% it just brakes. I don't even know if in failsafe it would go into reverse, I have done it this way for quite some time and even tested it and never had it go into reverse even with 100% brake.

no it wont, at least tekin won't go into reverse until you are full 100% braking for default 0.8secs which I changed to 1 sec. at 75% it just brakes. I don't even know if in failsafe it would go into reverse, I have done it this way for quite some time and even tested it and never had it go into reverse even with 100% brake.
I didn't know what you were running and I'm not sure what each brand does. I know that it happened with one of my buddies cars where he set it for full brake and then it would reverse if the signal was lost while it was sitting still. I'm not sure what system he had however.

I was just saying a potential issue that would be worth looking into to make sure to check and my comment wasn't necessarily for you. Just so if someone else reads it and sets up the fail safe that way, they can check it to make sure it doesn't go into reverse.

It is worth noting, I have the receiver out in the open, nothing is covering it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back